Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Glyph Tags for Sorted Slots

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Crazy Phil, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Here's a way-out-there suggestion with the intention to help those who are still overwhelmed with the randomness of the Glyph Combat System:

What if Glyphs were tagged with important information like "Melee Attack" or "Ranged Buff"?
    What if you could Tag slots in your deck to only receive Glyphs of the chosen type?
    Hotkey 1 could always be a "melee attack" of some kind when it's not a Slug.

I liken this to when I play a card game. While planning my strategy, I always sort the cards in my hand so all like types are next to eachother and in some sort of order. Having them scattered personally makes it harder for me to plan my next move.

To be completely transparent, I am one of those overwhelmed folks I mentioned at the beginning. Sadly, I did not get to play R9 as much as I wanted. I did have a lot of fun in the PVP arena in the short time I played, but I still don't quite understand how to be any good with the Glyph system. The learning curve seems crazy steep. The double-tap quick roll-away is currently my favorite part about combat. Managed to survive a death by rolling into a nearby room before my pursuer turned the corner. Very satisfying.

Anyways, trying to think of a way to reduce randomness without removing it. Thanks for reading. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.