Glyphs in the action bars should be fixed

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xarras, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

The Glyphs in both of the action bars, when in the heat of battle, will be moved or deleted. Please let us fix them in place.

Jason_M, Feeyo, Rinaldi and 3 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, they can occasionally be a bit unforgiving with a teenie weenie mouse move while hitting the glyph.
    Using the number keys will rid you of the problem, but then I prefer to use the mouse on the glyphs.

Rinaldi and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Just figured, that I yesterday lost 9 points from 75 to 66 in a skill, which I unintentionally set to go down (must have hit that little marker on the icon presented on main screen after a level up).

So yes, a misclick can quickly create unwanted situations.

4. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Mentioned to @Chris in Wake Up Britannia interview recently.

Atos said he had made a Jira for it. (But in all honesty, I am not sure he really understood what the issue was)
    Maybe you have explained it better here....

Mouse users definitely experience problems with glyphs moving & ruining the charge-up, if the glyphs move a bit.

If a Glyph is "locked" it shouldn't just mean You are playing a locked deck, as opposed to a rolling deck.

A "Locked" Glyph, should be "LOCKED" in position, so if you want to change it out, you need to right click it & unlock it from its position on Your deck.

I am a too "Old-School" Mouse User, to start user number keys for glyphs OR WASD to get around.
    Don't want to... Won't do it...

Also, on the Mouse Users perspective of Shroud... I can only successfully "double-click" a bag if it is in my inventory.
    If I try to "double-click" a Door, or a chest on the floor... it does NOT work!

@Sannio & @Chris
    The tutorial needs to be changed from ONLY saying "double-click" on this & that. to interact with ? to....
    "double-click" OR target the item & use "E" to interact with it.

Seriously, as a Newbie, I nearly quit because I couldn't activate the Mirror to set my appearance...!!!
    My guess is, not all PC's, & Mice react the same... (although weird that if it is in my bag... double click works... anywhere else =NADA)

Both Combat & Utility bar Glyphs, NEED to lock into place, with a right click "remove this glyph" option, so they cannot be moved unless you unlock them to remove them.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Feeyo, Rinaldi, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, that seems to be a regular issue.

Rinaldi and Synergy Blaize like this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I know we mention using "E" once or twice, but it might be too "buried" in some text to stand out. I'll look through the tutorial text and journal entries for more opportunities share that detail. Issue #63565

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Thank You @Sannio Surely I can't be the "only" one who experiences this double-click weirdness? eeek... I hope it is just not me & my Mouse!

@Chris
    I would like to re-iterate the need for Non-Rolling Deck Glyphs, which "show they are locked"< which I think intimates to Port Devs that a deck is not a Rolling Deck.....

For some of Your Players... For Us.... If a Deck is locked, it should mean that the Gyphs are actually "LOCKED IN PLACE" & cannot be moved without a "right click+remove glyph" action.
    For MOUSE USERS, it really is too easy to move any Glyph while charging it & then then charging action is negated.
    PLEASE MAKE A "Locked Deck", BE LOCKED TO THE HOTBAR until we initiate a "right click+remove glyph" action.

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

In the past this isuue was related to frame rate, if the frame rate was to low, one of the clicks could be missed. (Technically, the input is polled when directed to by the script. That polling could be done every frame, if the script is written that way. And it probably is.) So if the frame rate is low, the script isn't running often enough and clicks are missed.) In low frame rate situations, it's better to use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

9. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

The issue of preventing glyphs from being accidentally removed from your combat bar and non-combat bar has been brought to the attention of Portalarium many times, but they have not really addressed the issue in any substantial way. See This Post about the issue and suggested methods to fix it (and many other quality of life and GUI issues that should be addressed).

The recent attempt to fix the issue (right click a glyph to open a menu with one option: "remove locked glyph") was not an adequate solution, mainly because I have still deleted glyphs by right clicking in the heat of battle, and still end up accidentally removing or rearranging glyphs simply by dragging them around.

Sadly, it is difficult to know if portalarium recognizes or acknowledges these problems because of the lack of sufficient feedback. In fact, Sannio's post above did not acknowledge or comment on the actual topic of this thread: the issue raised in the first post.
    @Chris, @DarkStarr, @Sannio

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Xarras, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

What about if you mouse over a (clickable item) and change the mouse pointer to a fat E?.

11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

But yeah I agree, we should be able to lock the action bar skills so that we do not move them in battle. I have had it happen a lot when pressing slightly and moving the mouse. Pretty annoying.

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I know the feeling. It's one of the reasons I've been using the number keys typically. Less of a chance of moving glyphs around and holding it to charge is about the same to me.

13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Just dont use E on a chest after its open :) loots the whole thing lol. number of times I have looted all my storage chests was a pain. now I just click it to close hehe

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Better if the charge only stops and becomes a drag once you leave the boundary of the locked glyph.

I have experienced what you are saying, but I also do combos with the mouse. You can drag a locked glyph onto an unlocked glyph.
    With the solution you propose that becomes impossible with a mouse.

Regards
    Spung

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

What about an option to right click on individual glyphs and "pin" them (using a different word as 'locked' has a different connotation)
    This would solve the issue without interfering with glyphs used for combos, as they need to be draggable.
    Then the only glyph you could 'accidentally remove' would be a glyph you use for combos.
    Or just define a pinned glyph as you can move it around but it wont remove itself from your bar.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.