Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gold and silver scraps

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by ldykllr, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

From the release notes draft:

Gold and Silver Scrap Salvage: Gold and Silver Scraps can now be obtained when salvaging Gold and Silver Items, most notably crafted rings and amulets and jewelry caught while fishing.

I'm just curious if anyone on the dev team is aware how many gold and silver items there are in game that we get as drops? And how often we get jewelry when fishing? The answer is - not many and not often.

If that is truly how it's going to be, then no one will use scraps and it's a pointless update. How about allowing masterworked and enchanted gear to be salvaged for silver and gold scraps? That would be useful.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Probably because their metrics include some potential botters which have an overstock of those golden/silver jewelry, thus bumping the rest?

Or it is another case of #JustBzusThings (this # is my first recommended word when I type # on my phone... LOL)

Girlsname and Barugon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just assume that you'll never get enough scraps to really impact your ore usage.

Girlsname and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  4. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

if my testing is anything to go by, you are correct.

1 gold goblet = 1 gold scrap
    1 silver govlet = 1 silver scrap

gold/silver goblet's don't drop that often

1 gold ring (which takes 5 gold ingots to create) yields (in my case): 3 gold scraps (someone else said they were getting 2-5)

i didn't test a silver ring, but i'm sure it's the same.

I tried enchanted and masterworked armor and didn't get any gold/silver scraps

so, unless there are other sources, it's a completely useless feature.

5. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I'm sure this is making people unhappy... but be happy it is finally here, and let them monitor it for a bit and increase it as necessary, so we don't have the usual draconian knee-jerk reaction later on to "fix the economy".

Please note I am similarly unhappy with the initial implementation, but given their past track record, I would rather have them slowly dial it up than make it overkill and result in the economy fixing noted above.

Astirian and Witcheypoo like this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Another example of just complete disconnect from the devs with regards to crafting.
    Why not add gold/silver scraps in a way that would be meaningful ? Get them back from junk mw/enchanted gear, and get almost as much scrap as you put ingots into it. That would make a SIGNIFICANT change to the amount of rubbish crap being stuffed on vendors and the scraps are useless without ore besides. Would cleanup the market and make the scraps useful/viable but still not worth making junk gear and smashing it for scraps (as you'd lose some silver/gold and the mats for the item, so it wouldn't be worth it.). Making them super rare...they may as well not be in the game. They've not been in the game for years and adding them in this way is not going to change that, we'll just continue to pretend that recipe doesn't exist, alongside the other dozens of uneconomical pointless crafting recipes, like the disappointment of every single cookable fish, the disappointment of bacon, the pointlessness of smashing gems, etc. etc.

Feldon Grimshaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.