Gold and silver scraps

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Barugon, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Has anyone found a significant source of gold and silver scraps yet?

2. Sole

Sole Avatar

I haven't managed to get any so far :/

Barugon likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I noticed a certain mob type dropped a silver goblet. Just one. I then proceeded to kill several more of them, but none of them dropped any goblets.

Don’t know if that is mob or scene related.

I found that very interesting. Will keep an eye out on that.....

Barugon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, almost enough to make an ingot.

kaeshiva likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

So one scrap per goblet, interesting. Was meaning to try that on QA.

6. Toular

Toular Avatar

I was slogging through k'rawl tonight trying to get some mechanical parts from with either shock monkeys or the hacked watchers and "stole" 3 silver goblets. from a room there. I salvaged them and got ... metal scrap. Not silver scrap.

And speaking of mechanical parts ... a couple of dozen hacked watchers, and 5 or so monkeys and not one mechanical part.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

one metal scrap is standard from world objects with no value. you're going to need LOOTED gold and silver goblets.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, sadly another system implemented with lack of foresight from the "crafting department." In order to be a reliable substitute for gold/silver ore in ingot making these scraps need to be a lot more common otherwise its just another pointless, useless novelty that was a waste of time to even add. =/ A sensible suggestion was to have salvage of crafted gear with mw/enchant on them return some of these, but it would have to be a significant amount. That may present a solution for all the "vendors clogged with failed gear" problem if the crafter could instead get the invested silver/gold back in scraps. You'd still need to supplement with fresh ore. With our luck though, they'd give back a max of 10 scraps - not even half an ingot's worth, and still be pointless. Hopefully this gets picked up in Chris's "crafting overhaul" and addressed like so many other imbalanced uneconomical recipe - be nice if someone finally looks into it.

I've gotten a a decent number of 'gold scraps' salvaging crafted jewelry, but by decent number in sota standards I of course mean like 1% of the value of the items I've scrapped in return, not a viable option for scrap gain by any means.

9. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

ya, it's a joke. you don't get enough of the to make it worth the feature even existing. I suggested on a stream that perhaps this could be a good use for meticulous chances on ore nodes. Each meticulous chance on a gold or silver node would give you a corresponding scrap that matched the ore node type (gold, silver, copper, iron).

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

But they don't want to break the economy.

To which the correct response is, "what economy?"

Rinaldi likes this.
  11. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Maybe the gold and silver scraps should drop from some enemies.

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  12. Loki the Cat

Loki the Cat Avatar

I got 2 gold scraps salvaging a player made gold necklace that dropped off a mob at blood river outpost

Anpu likes this.
  13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is very exciting.
    If you get 5 more necklaces, you'll have enough scraps to smelt ONE WHOLE INGOT (with only half the gold ore needed!!!)
    And if you got 29 more necklaces and scrapped them with the same scrap gain, and combined with the appropriate amount of gold ore, you could do a SINGLE enchant!

It could happen. I mean, setting aside the number of gold ingots it took to make those rings to begin with (not to mention enchant them).

I really don't understand some of the implementation of things anymore.

14. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I have 1 gold goblet. and 3 silver goblet on a shelf as decoration that I found...rather keep them as decoration than salvage them after found out it only gives 1 piece of gold scrap (salvage a gold goblet before hand)...took a total of a month to find those 4 goblets after scraping that first goblet...so...in about 5 years I might have enough for one ingot?

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Supposedly they can also drop as scrap if you salvage something that's been Masterworked or Enchanted. I've never seen it happen. And that's a terrible way to get them.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.