Gold Clockwork Dragon Spawn Rate

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by KnightRider0070, Feb 6, 2024.

1. KnightRider0070

KnightRider0070 Bug Hunter

Can the team please revisit the Gold Dragon Spawn Rate?

Since this was introduced in Decemeber, it has been one of my favoroite mobs to spar with.

Sometime in January, this spawn rate was reduced considerably.
    I used to be able to find at least 1 gold dragon a day, sometmes 2-3.
    Now I am lucky to find it once a week on regualar visits to the breach.

It's always exciting to have new beasties introduced to the game.
    But having this only appear in ONE zone, with a very dismal spawn rate is not too cool!
    We have hundreds of zones but cannnot spread the variety around the game?

Things are very discouraging as a higher lvl player.
    Aether creatures go on hiatus for too long, and gold clockwork spawn is terrible.
    Black Clockwork only available at the breach as well, on a very low spawn rate.

We need some more challenges please!
    Can the DEV team please add some HARD or EXTREME options to some popular zones perhaps!??

Getting bored here fast.....

Thank you!

2. CICI

CICI Avatar

+1

FrostII and KnightRider0070 like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

It does seem like the Golden Clocky spawn rate has decreased compared to when it was initially introduced.
    I kinda like that some spawns and loot drops are rare. For me it makes the hunt more challenging and more enticing, and the reward more satisfying.
    However, when the spawn rate or drop rate is extremely low, the challenging hunt can become a frustrating, boring grind.
    It may be hard to find a universally acceptable compromise between challengingly rare and frustratingly rare.

I have an idea that may help with this issue:
    Add 2 new loot items to the treasure map system (perhaps to the hopefully upcoming higher tier treasure maps).
    These new loot items would be rare potions that each last 3 real-life days.
    One potion would increase the spawn rate of rare creatures in any zone (perhaps 2 or 3 times the spawn rate) - something like "Potion of Allure Creature"
    The other potion would increase the drop rate of rare items from any creature (perhaps 2 or 3 times the drop rate) - something like "Potion of Bountiful Loot"
    These potions would offer several potential benefits.
    1. Because these potions would be consumable, you would need to continue doing treasure maps to replenish your potion supply. Thus, it could create long lasting interest in the treasure map system (as it stands now, once you get all the unique treasure map loot, there is not much incentive to go on more treasure hunts).
    2. The potions could be used to help maintain interest in hunting those rare creatures and rare drops...giving some additional hope for those who may be getting frustrated with the standard low spawn/drop rate.
    3. People could hunt for multiple different rare spawns/drops while the potion(s) are active.
    4. The potions could be used simultaneously to give the optimal chance to score a rare. However, if multiple people in the same party had the same potion active, the effect on spawn/drop rate would not be additive (i.e. the max spawn/drop rate would be the equivalent of a single potion regardless of how many people in the party had the potion active). When in a party, the Potion of Bountiful Loot may increase the drop rate for the party as a whole, but the loot roll is still unchanged (so the loot does not go preferentially to the person with the potion active).
    In order to make sure these potions do not tip the scale too much toward the avatar, the potions should be a rare loot item, and/or perhaps include some type of debuff.
    Yeh, I know....ultimately you are still "grinding" for a rare potion in order to help you grind slightly less for a different rare item. But, if the potions are not account bound, then they can be traded and sold, which could (for a price) help reduce the grind for rare spawns/loot.

I dunno, it was just a thought to give more spice to the hunt for rares...I don't know if it is possible or if players would want something like this.
    But tossing it out there for discussion :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    Adam Crow and KnightRider0070 like this.
  4. KnightRider0070

Very interesting concept Rinaldi, I like it!

But, the spawn rate is just too low period :) on Goldy Gold.

Adam Crow, FrostII and Rinaldi like this.
  5. KnightRider0070

Still no love for Gold :(
    Can we get a uptick for spawn rate please? :)

6. KnightRider0070

Requesting a RNG check on Gold Clockwork spawn rate please.
    My odds must be 1 in 1000 now.
    Perhaps I have been BANNED from hunting Mr. Goldie.
    No sightings in over two weeks, and I practically live at The Breach.
    I love GOOOOOOLD!

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

No one has changed the spawn rate for Gold Clockwork Dragons. The rates are the same as they day they went live. My assumption is that you either got some great random rolls when they launched, or lousy random rolls after that, or most likely a mix of both.

The appearance of Aether creatures are lined up with the appearance of the two-tailed comet. The timing of the two-tailed comet is meant to roughly match Gamescom timing. Each year, this cycle starts around May 27, peaks around August 27, and is disabled around November 27.

This is intentional. Some NPCs are intended to be very rare.

Beaumaris likes this.