Gold Node Overload

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halic, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halic

Halic Avatar

So I go out to Etceter to load up on some copper to make some stuff for me and the wife and low and behold the rooms have all changed to gold nodes now... im like WOW! so I figure to myself what the heck ill grab a ton of this instead and make all I need out of it....... hour or so later im on my way back to town, smelt it all up and start trying to make it into sheets/coils and other items nothing is working.
    Are you serious? there are no recipes that require gold? I figured there werent any up on the wiki just because it was so rare before, anyone found or know of anything to use this for? or did I just waste a few hours.

Thanks

2. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Interesting that they've turned the gold on! Perhaps it means something is coming down the pipe soon.

And even if there isn't anything to make with the ore yet, at least you can sell it and you got some mining exp. (I try to look as much as I can from the glass is half full perspective)

margaritte likes this.
  3. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I don't know that gold will be usable in the same ways that iron and copper are, weapons and armour made from gold would actually be a bit useless as it's relatively soft so it will probably be reserved for decorative items, coinage, and 'magical'/enhanced items (like silver in the taming items)

4. Halic

Halic Avatar

If that is the case they made a valuable (at least to me) cave of usable ore into something completely worthless, hopefully they just havnt added in the recipes yet because it was so rare, otherwise I dont understand their thought process here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.