Good Tank Build

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xiones, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Played this game for awhile, Always did range or magic. Trying out Tank, any suggestions on a good Tank build? Skills, and specialization?

2. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

our tank is Heavy armor and Polearm spezialization;
    with the heavy armor spezialization you have a 180 degrees taunt up to 15 targets, i guess; without the heavy armor spezilization its just 90 degrees taunt and less targets

Plate Armor Meteoric iron and one handed Polearm with shield;

sometimes he tank with two handed polearm and no shield; this depends on the scene we are playing

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Another great option is Heavy+Shield or Heavy+Bard.

Bard skills have such a high aggro generation, and the bard skills end up benefitting everyone, that you end up being a tank+support. You can heal yourself to some extent with Melody of Mending, do some decent AoE dps with Concussive Canticle, and use the other songs to buff your team while you get whacked on.

Also, cool info, Taunt has 0 seconds cooldown at lvl 140, so getting it close to 140 means you can spam cast that non-stop!

Also, raising all the shield spells can be very beneficial : Fight some mage heavy mobs, use Shield of Ice. Fight a bunch of physical damage dealers, use Death shield. Fight a bunch of everything, Shield of Crystal can help you there!

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I like pole arms + tactics specialization. I like pole arms due to the diversity / damage approach of these weapons (more please!) and the two-handed pole arms animations. Pole spec just adds to that fun. I like tactics spec because of the enhancements to the combat stances and ease of swapping between them to adjust to my melee situation. The two specializations together add to active melee combat immersion, IMHO.

5. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Thanks, for the response, right now I am running Heave, with Dual Blades, along with Pet and Bard.

6. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Heavy armor and tactics spec. They just added a skill that adds alot of aggro to the caster. Tanks will be useful in the new scenes with scaling difficulty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.