1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Google Translate Integration for Chat

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bridge Troll, Mar 13, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I was reading another wishlist item asking to be able to copy text directly. They were asking for the purpose of making it easier and faster to use translation tools. I realize that being able to copy text from chat could help for other reasons, so rather than derail that request with this one, I opened a new topic.

Please research how easily Google Translate's API could be integrated into our chat application. We all share the same world; it may revolutionize/re-energize the game if we could understand each other.

Fei Akhart likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

I figured as soon as the Lua integrates http posts someone would get on this.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Why google and not bing? Bing pays!

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Given the pricing on translation services, it could pose a vulnerability, unless somehow each person is wired into their own account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.