Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graff Gem mine

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by Master Sith Lord, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Sith Lord

Master Sith Lord Avatar

I just spent 2 hours in the lower level of Graff gem mine and only scraped 76 gold ore, at one point I ran around and no gold veins spawned for over 20 minutes, is this a bug?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you possibly miss 1 ore node?

3. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

yikes I was there for an hour and pulled 96 gold.

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

My experience has been similar at about 80 gold per hour (though sometimes closer to 90). Spawn was a bit more consistent before R58.

Elysium Silver mine seems fine and Spectral Iron mine is still good enough to keep a solo miner moving (love that place), but getting gold has become problematic. :(

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, its about half of it was before the global mining nerf last release. Working as intended =/

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  6. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I think there is a bug in the code some how cause this happens a couple times in spectral mines where sometimes I will go in and after the first run or a couple runs only like 1 node will spawn for like over 10 minutes the best fix I found so far is to completely exit the game and then reopen I am assuming by doing this you are getting placed in a new instance which seems to fix the issue since I can farm iron there perfectly for hours on end without issues. This has happened to me and my brother.

7. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I thought Chris addressed this last release saying that they put the node spawn rate to the level it was intended to be at. Something about coding that had nodes to resplendent almost simultaneously. I use to run one section on Elysium mines and pull about 100 silver and hour. After they fixed the bug last release, I still can pull that but I need to do the entire mine instead of one st ion of it.

8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Right. That works fine in Elysium. Graffs is a different level design, though. There are three levels, one of which is rich in gold. Running a circuit of that small level doesn't work as well as large single level mines.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Actually, no, I don't get anywhere near what I got before the "fix" in Elysium, or Spectral.
    I have to stand idle for 3-10 minutes with zero nodes in the -entire-scene and wait for them to repop ever since that change.
    If you're after gold, Etceter Crag Mines is big enough that this effect is not an issue.

10. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Just so I understand you clear out every node and when you are done doing that you have to wait 3 to 10 minutes for anything to respawn?

I have not experience that. As I posted I use to only do one section and everything would instantly respawn since the change I do every node and by the time I am back to where I started those nodes are back. The numbers are slightly less the. I experienced prior to the change.

11. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I'm curious, what were you getting per hour in Elysium prior? I am getting between 200 - 225ish now, which is only slightly lower than what I got prior to the change.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, though I haven't tried in R59, after that patch that killed ores in R58, I would clean whole mine, go back to start, and there would be no ores.
    I would run entire circuit again, seeing no ores, or possibly 1 ore along the way.
    If I stood around for 3-10 minutes then I'd get a large repop but unitl that time, nothing.
    In spectral mines same behavior.

I haven't done a formal survey of it, I tried four times and each time I got back to the start of the route I'd run the entire route again (with no ores) and there were no ores upon return to start and ores were long in coming, so I went out and cleared stuff in twins for 10 mins and came back after that, seemed pointless to just stand around twiddling.

Pre-change I was pushing 250-275(ish) mixed copper/silver, weighted more heavily toward silver.

I appreciate that this may be something unique to -me-, and the speed at which I kill/run/mine, the route I take, etc. I find that if I don't use the exped potion, and drop down to prosperity pick, I have less 'idle time' but then I'm just going slower than before. I can adapt to this, as I am not really a fan of standing in the mine all day anyway (I like to mix it up) so I've just started going out and clearing a round of twins in between. Or just trading Scoffer gold for silver, since I can still mine consistently in Etceter. I really strongly dislike 'just standing around' though. I have a short attention span ;)

I did do a formal survey of spectral, and was at an overall 40% ore reduction from before the change (with long, idle waits). Sadly, Spectral Foothills doesn't have as many nice things to gather around the mine entrance, so clear out spectral, go kill demon in catacombs, aka "demonmining™" has become a thing.

jschoice likes this.
  13. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Those are the most frustrating things when things seem to affect some more than others as it may not show in their data set making it harder to fix.

14. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I think part of the problem is that folks are impatient (not saying you are, but just in general). I find that the average amount of ore evens out over longer sessions. When there are no nodes up, I still circle around, hit the gems, and then maybe 3 circles around I start to see repop (all at once). Total ore I get probably 275ish an hour including copper.

Spectral you feel it a lot more because it's so much smaller. However, I still (in my case) mine the same amount of ore as I did previously. I do mine in roughly 4 hour sessions though, as opposed to shorter sessions.

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yep - I just object to the standing around doing nothing aspect with the current respawner, so just split my mining with the outdoor scene typically. I could drink meticiulous coto potion potentially to extend my time at each node, but as that doesn't increase XP, its not an optimal solution (in my case). I much prefer mining elsewhere as a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.