Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grannus Colossus cannibal camp

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I've just collected all 8 pages, and 2 lenses. It was an absolute blast. Just fun fun.

Now I'm going to collect the Vermilion lens, and...you've got to be kidding me. The East Cannibal Camp has a million mobs, you have to kill a ton of them just to pop a wizard to kill and open gate? I've died 3 times and I've never even come close.

Please tune this instance, or at least this encounter, down.

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Yes, I hear in the Grannus Colossus they will eat you alive... soon we must face it *shakes fist!*

3. Bink

Bink Avatar

I really hate this scene

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It gets 'worse' after that. I have helped a number of players get the lens though and anyone higher level in the scene will likely help you if u in mmo. If u see me on then send a message and ill 'help' you get the mobs under control so you can get to the lens.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Remind me what "Courage" is about already ?

Most (if not all) of this can be done without a fight, just for your information.

Bowen Bloodgood and Olthadir like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, it is hard. But I have been through it twice, and both times I was able to go duo with someone else needing the lens, by being a dedicated healer, paying attention to aggro, and using ankhs to bypass some bad spots. The most recent time was last week. I was AL51 on an alt (with insufficient attention to putting XP into skills) and the other person was not as low but certainly not way high. It helped a lot that I knew exactly where to go, but we made it. A few hours later I duoed with the same person through Oracle Colossus, but could have done it solo, aside from trouble with finding some statues. Other than that, my alt soloed all the way to shroud.

If you can solo your way through Grannus Colossus, that might indicate that your character is awesome.

Nelzie likes this.
  7. golruul

golruul Avatar

Please don't nerf/depopulate the guys at the castle. I like killing them.

For the camps
    I cast dash+sprint and then sprint my way through from (open) gate to (open) gate. Works on both camps.

Elwyn, Bigg and Olthadir like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I have, fairly recently been able to solo through the first camp in my mid-40s with no special gear and very little healing. However, in this particular case I was using a bow and made decent use of the terrain. It's all about controlling the situation.
    The 2nd camp is small enough to run through before the gates close.. after that you can avoid fighting if you know where you're going.

If you're fairly new and don't know what to expect then yes, it can be a bit rough but it's by no means impossible for the level you should be by the time you get there.

Elwyn, Hornpipe and Grimbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.