Graphic settings suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Purie, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purie

Purie Avatar

Most games have option to adjust spell effects, lighting, character quality etc

Not being able to adjust anything results into massive fps loss in big groups.
    Ice field being good example that wrecks my fps but this does apply to most AoE spells and effect.

maybe even an option to decrease quality/limit the amount of deco to improve fps in bigger pots/cities.
    I'd rather have decent fps than hitch every 2 sec and 20fps with decent rig that runs modern games at +100fps.

Time Lord and Girlsname like this.
  2. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

There is the LOD slider that adjusts quality of models and textures.

It would be nice if "agressive lot loading" was a slider and not a toggle. This could set the number of lot objects to load per a cycle of the lot loading engine.

It would also be nice if they loaded the lot object data into the GPU on a separate thread, before the loading them all at once (which might require the main thread.) This would drastically improve lot loading times.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Oh the Irony of Truth~:confused:
    Don't come around any of my ingame properties :( I bought about $500.00 worth of green fireflies and fog generators along with about $150.00 worth of disco balls, which all have resulted in my first ever performance issues o_O... "but I really like them all allot" :D~Time Lord~

4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

As a note, most of the issues with performance in SoTA have nothing to do with graphics themselves.

The problems have to do with other aspects of the engine and the vast majority of functions being single-threaded. This is all upstream in the Unity Engine and very difficult to work around.

Vaiden Luro, FrostII and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.