graphics occlusion optimization for Ardoris

Discussion in 'QA Feedback Archive' started by Anpu, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just some observations:

Entering into the Ardors scene by clicking on enter to the default entrance took around 26 seconds to load the scene where I could see my character. I enabled /debug and had around 60FPS at the entrance.

Walking from the default entrance to the town crier at the entrance I stayed around 40+ FPS.

I then did a loop around Sequanna Square. At first the FPS dropped to around 18 (lowest) to about 25. As I continued to walk around this same loop, the FPS stayed around 25 - 31 FPS. This was really nice to see! :)

Looking good so far!

I uninstalled the QA client and wiped all directories of old files. And then did a new install. And then rebooted the computer. And then ran the Sota QA Client.

03/10/2020 16:24
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.966.Date.03.09.20
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (156.2, 56.1, 194.3)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE1Ni4yMjcsIDU2LjA1NiwgMTk0LjMwMyl8KDAsIC0xLCAwLCAwLjAyMil8MTgyLjQ2NjR8MTB8MTEuMzU5OTk=

Using the Nvidia 442.50 Drivers

Numa and FrostII like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Awesome. I'm going to get in a few more tweaks for the Occlusion stuff to see if I can address a few issues that have been reported and also some minor popping issues when you swing your camera fast. The lower frame rate while running through was likely due to lots of objects being loaded in and would be a one time hit. We load as much stuff in the background as Unity will allow but still some stuff that impacts the main game thread.

Numa, Mac2 and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.