Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graphics stuttering on 144hz ruining playability

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by KarmaLoD, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarmaLoD

KarmaLoD Avatar

A couple guildmates and I have all run into this problem. In some zones, seemingly specific to each individual client, there are "hitches" in the smoothness of the game. You'll be turning and your graphics will "catch" for a millisecond, then restore, but you'll continue to move 90 degrees or more in the direction your mouse was moving. So for instance if you were looking at the ground and your graphics catch as you raise your head, you'll be looking at the sun. If you were moving right to left, you'll be looking 90-180 degrees to the right when the "catch" releases and the game is smooth again. This makes the game virtually unplayable in combat when these stutters happens every few seconds. The frequency for the "catches" can vary from 3-15 seconds between each other. It almost feels like a memory leak from other games I've played.

The frequency of catches depends on the zone you are in. Some have a lot for individuals, and some have none. My guildmates and I all have different Mobos, processors, video cards, RAM, monitor setups... the only correlation we found are 144hz monitors. Some guild mates have not experienced these effects, and they do not have 144hz monitors.

There also seems to be no correlation with zones. Some zones will have no stuttering for me, but stuttering for 2 guildmates, or one guildmate, while other zones will be virtually unplayable for me, while one or more guildmates have no problems.

WORK AROUND:
    in win 10, go to display setting, into advanced, monitors, and switch it from 144hz to 60hz. This reduces the stuttering to almost unnoticeable in effected zones.

RDouglas likes this.
  2. KarmaLoD

KarmaLoD Avatar

Note: Changing the display settings changed the stuttering from every 3 character steps, to every 11 character steps. It doesn't fix the problem, but it helps make the game somewhat playable.

RDouglas likes this.
  3. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

I found the level of "zoom" effects the stuttering. Zooming out almost eliminates the stutter. I use the "PgDn" key a lot.

4. Vendetta

Vendetta Avatar

Stuttering also happening to me. 144hz Asus monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.