Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Great improvement on low end system and few observations.

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by StrangerDiamond, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

First of all the feel of the game has changed for me :

- I got 16 FPS last night in central britanny, I finally could visit the castle and found spoony there, the new ruler of Britannia :p almost no stuttering, fluid lighting effects ! Congrats ! This is a big, big improvement for me !

- I was greeted by the NPCs, behaviors seem much more realistic.
    - However upon entering the chat with said NPCs, I've found the same very old chat systems from early releases... none of the villagers know where anything is, or even what anything is. A "bank" you say ? I have no idea what you're talking about... in fact I tried a bunch of "general" keywords and noticed no improvement what so ever there, which made me quite frustrated, especially when consulting the oracle that seems less intelligent than even the beggars in town. This was a big immersion breaker... they say we are not allowed to talk about rumors, then I tell them to tell me information, facts, stories... I tried 20 general keywords and each time, we're not allowed to talk about rumors. Place holder I guess, but general keywords are fun to find and part of the spirit of the game.

- I entered Firelotus Tavern just after night fall and I was unhappy to find it completely empty, not a bartender, not one person, not even a cat. Don't people lock their door and put a closed sign on it at night ? It makes no sense with the story, people are supposed to have grown weary and suspicious because of the fall... then the oracle accused me of disturbing someone's rest, really ?! IT'S A TAVERN in the biggest city in the game ! People drink and eat there... now I have no idea of knowing what type of building are open during the night, is the bank open or am I spitting on my virtue by disturbing them when I come to drop my loot ? I have to wait all night to visit ?

- Many of the animals I met were much more believable, a dog even followed me around and kept sitting next to me in britanny seemingly enjoying my company, which gave me a good warm feeling, details like this, keep them coming :)

-
    I tried to adventure for a few hours, but I kept dying, even if I was in tier 3 zones and usually could handle them pretty well. It feels like I'm less powerful, but also everytime I died it was because of camera glitches that didn't allow me to really tell that I had 3-4 enemies in my back, they were hidden behind a tree, or stuck in a bush, and my camera was blocked and I couldn't get to see them before it was too late. It's nice to have a challenge but its irritating to have only this "hit indicator" all of the same color, through which I have no way of telling how many enemies have engaged me.

*** Those hit indicators are all red, which means you're being wounded, great I like the idea but it would be nice to have more hues of this indicator, maybe arrows could be orange, and magic a lighter orange, while physical damage might remain red. This would allow me to see that I'm engaged with 3 melee and 2 archers and then, I wouldn't wait to run away before they all crit me at the same time.

Being able to tell without having to play around my camera or moving around and risking agroing more mobs would be very nice.

- It also happened many times that I opened a door and I was shoved away by the door like some dragon was blowing on it from outside :p This can't be good... maybe make the avatar collision flag go down when you open a door, this would still be an eyesore but much less irritating :p

Overall a great promising release ! You guys are getting there, don't lose courage ! :)

Paladin Michael and craftymethod like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.