Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Greymark too heavy...

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

for a lot of releases... the steps was:

North valeway
    Ravensmoor
    Greymark
    Deep Ravenswood

this was the ENEMY force sequence...
    now .. with ELVES force increased the GREYMARK step can't be do (or can be do only on Party)
    i live on Europe and there is a very small amout of player playing at 9-10 AM (europe)

i CAN'T Increase skills ... RAVENSMOOR is too easy, like other RAVENSWOOD forests... 9and i have a static pool af 3000)
    and on DEEP i went killed every 30 seconds... (with a static pool of 7000.. but i'm dead for the most time i'm playing)

from at least 15 releases.. GREYMARK was the place whene every player GROW up... but NOW... with this new AGGRO icreased.. and Elves powered... i'm locked to level 37-40 on most skills... and i can't reach 40 without leaving the Valley...

maybe it's right ... maybe Greymark needs to be reworked... maybe is just ME... but .. something seems broken.. OK... increase ELVES power. .but not this level... OR INCREASE POWER of enemies on the RAVENSWOOD (NORTH SOUTH)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Man.. get out of hidden Vale. There are many sewers, catacombs, mines, forests, and barrens out there waiting for you to explore.

Any how, Grey mark mobs got some crazy buff in their HP. South Ravenswood wolves might be better to train before reaching Grey mark again.

Retro, Lazlo, NRaas and 13 others like this.
  3. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

They did make Greymark a lot tougher, but the only real difference is you just have to get a bit more advanced before you're able to have fun there. As it stands now, that area is not a realistic option for lower level characters.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Lower Levels Aren't a Bad Change~
    What's the rush to level up? Speed leveling is quite frustrating. I never leave "West Ravenswood" (a 2 scull area) without having achieved 40 in all skills. Surly it takes a bit more time to achieve some skills to that level in lighter areas, yet while there, I'm also gathering a stockpile of much needed supplies for not needing to return for gathering common things. I depend on the monster color code names to let me know when to move on. Then when it's all green names of monsters, it's an easy step to head out to another area. Whenever I pick up a new skill, I always head back to lower level areas because that's where they can rise at the same rate they rise everywhere else. Many players are rushing to an "end game", then only to find themselves backtracking and over powered for any fun in those lower level areas. I just try and squeeze as much fun as I can out of each scull level I find before moving to the next.

"Some players like to ride the difficult edge of gains, yet the lower wave to ride in the color code is just as fun to ride with far less hassle" :)
    Just find that happy place that fits your style of wanted frustration, because eventually, all places are always yellow to green named monsters o_O
    There's no "winning SOTA", there's only living SOTA (computer on) or no time for SOTA :( (computer off and me off to work)...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Acred, Asclepius, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  5. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I am currently next to ardoris in desolate hills (3 skulls) at the graveyard. Loot gives decent wood and metal weapons to either salvage to raise crafting skills or sell to raise wealth. Also a lot of mandrake nodes are located around the graveyard.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i will try, thank you.. but 4 skulls? do you know some place? (near a city)

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Ok, this is your opinion

Now i'm tryeing Deep Savrenoc Timberland.. 4Skulll and seems better to advance :) i'm leaving Hidden Valley.. (maybe it's time to add some 4 skulls areas on the isle)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I use sotamap.com to look up the skulls level of a scene. There are some around ardoris, too.

Snikorts, Time Lord and Audacity like this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Did the xp and drops scale up with the increased difficulty of the greymark mobs, anyone know? I'm guessing not?

Dariog and Time Lord like this.
  10. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

It appears they did not scale up xp and drops.

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Soo toy are forced to play not like was in the previous TESTING releases A W S O M E.

This is how players are forced to learn the game and not just go out and game the system.

Play the game - not game the play - New Motto :D

Time Lord likes this.
  12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The risk / rewqard structure for Greymark was out of whack; it was to easy for higher level players to go into Greymark and earn enormous sums of money for little risk. Before they made changes to Greymark it was onr of the top money makers in game. As a result they nerfed it in one of the R32 post release patches. They bumped the hp of the mobs so that it took longer to kill them. They changed the respawn rate so that it took longer for them to respawn, making people move around the area instead of farming just one point. As a result the area is no longer the money pit it was. The side effect was that it became harder for lower level avatars.

Time Lord and DancingShade like this.
  13. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

I don't really see a problem with Greymark as it is now. It is more challenging, and therefore a little more interesting. The risk/reward is still acceptable, if a bit less favorable than it was. I agree with the previous post that it makes it more difficult for lower-level avatars ... but there are other much easier areas nearby. Overall, I would call this one pretty much alright.

Time Lord and DancingShade like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Believe it or not, there are a lot of adventure scenes of all levels outside of the Hidden Vale.

DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.