Group XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok once again there are instruction which I used and a note from R 34 please update before 50 is reelased or give us the correct information TY

2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

The pvp bonus was lower to 10% and the others are still the 10% per person. This is actually why I complained so much about party experience being sucky and making it so most high level players only solo.

3. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

pretty sure @Chis said somewhere (perhaps an old deep dive)

25% for partying
    10% for 2nd-8th each.
    Then multip and/or PVP added on top of your slice thou I think it should work regardless of where this is done

Assuming partied:
    (100 + 25% + (10*(#peeps-1)))/#peeps

2 peeps would be:
    (100 + 25 + 10)/2 =
    so each person gets 67.5 before multi or pvp bonus

3 peeps would be:
    (100 + 25 + (10 *2))/3

8 would be:
    (100 + 25 + (7 * 10))/7

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

We already had two instruction descriptions, there has never been a 25%+ :-( My math is correct from the player instruction :)
    There has never been a Multi player it is only if you are flagged PvP and playing in multi, which is 10% but again no clear answer so Devs need to fix instructions information and answer the players who have asked more than once.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Numa and Sorthious like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The problem with the xp split for parties is that except for possibly control points, there is insufficient mob density in most areas to benefit from additional party members. Even in a duo most things are dead by the time the other person runs up to it - having additional party members does not ramp up your kill speed and result in higher gains because there simply is not enough stuff to kill. This is even worse if your group wants to harvest stuff, as when you get more than a single player harvesting in any zone, even in a mine, the spawner cannot keep up and you end up standing around. The 40m leash isn't helping matters either; everyone has to stand and wait for the skinner to skin or for someone to get a tree before moving on because people will be out of xp gain range. This creates another 'grouping' frustration.

We either need:
    • A boost to the "Group XP" bonus so players are better off fighting together than each going to their own solo instance (currently optimal, by far),
    • Increased mob/resource density within zones, grouping would be of more benefit as you'd actually need more players to kill all the things.
    • The pre-nerf Kobold Expeditionary Camp was a good example of a fast, hectic spawn rate. Now that we have xp attenuation, perhaps this can be re-visited.

Numa and Andartianna like this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You can't have everything. The 40m rule was put into effect because players were standing at the entrance and gaining xp while doing nothing. You have to decide which is more important if you are in a group; skin/gather resources or get Adv xp. I agree with the mob density in areas. Only CP's offer a spawn that is worth hunting in groups larger than two or three people.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Oh I understand completely WHY it was put in, I just think the cord could do with being lengthened a bit as the current short tether length is interfering with the flow of play and movement through the zone. Its just one more thing that slows grouping down and there's no reason for it to be quite that short. If the objective is to prevent a player sat at entrance of zone, that objective could be achieved without something so constricting.

Numa likes this.
  9. eli

eli Avatar

It's

110 + (15 * party_size) / party_size %

So:
    140/2 = 70%
    155/3 = 52%

Etc.

Up to
    230/8 = 29%

Then pvp bonus is applied individually after that.

Also party_size is actually # of players within 40meters (this is smaller than you think. Opposite side of the rise mage room is ~80)

Source: tested myself during r42 on 6 accounts.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  10. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Maybe these numbers are correct but just for killing one single enemy. Taking your examples it would be...

140 / 2 = 70% * 2 = 140%

...as a group of two avatars will kill enemies faster but of course it is maybe possible that the group is not exponentially faster so a group of two avatars might not be two times faster and instead just 1.75 times faster than a single avatar with the result of 122,5% experience in the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.