1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

GUI & Inventory Suggestions to improve quality of Life

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Rinaldi, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

These suggestions were compiled from the posts of many players. Most of the posts were created some time ago, when (I believe) Portalarium did not have the man power to review them. So, I am resurrecting them.

The solutions I provide are purely conceptual, and I am sure there are better ways to implement these suggestions.

Hotbar Suggestions
    1. Ability to lock/unlock movement of the hotbars - this would prevent accidental dragging of the hot bar across the screen when when furiously clicking on glyphs in battle.
    2. Ability to lock/unlock editing of the hotbars bars - see this post for details.
    3. Shortcut from hotbar to the deck creation/edit window.
    4. Ability to activate/deactivate auto-attack directly from the combat bar - instead of remembering the hot-key or finding the setting buried in the options menu, I think that it would be more user friendly to set this directly on the combat bar. Perhaps right double-click on sword, right click on the sword to open the menu, or perhaps include it as an options in the "cog" menu shown by the red arrow below.

[​IMG]
    Paper Doll & Inventory Suggestions
    1. On the paper doll, have an option to show which equipped items are locked in your inventory - In the pic below, I show 3 possible ways of accomplishing this - see red arrows: close the grey box, place a green dot next to the item (since locked items are also green in the inventory), or place a lock next to the item.
    2. On the paper doll, have options to:
      • show/hide locked items on your paper doll
      • lock all equipped items
      • unequip all items
        [​IMG]
    3. Ability to repair items that are locked in the inventory - I think a locked item should have the following properties:
      • Cannot be removed from inventory by oneself (but can be removed by PVP loot or stealing)
      • Cannot be destroyed while in your inventory
      • Can be repaired while in your inventory
    4. Ability to place all "special" items in labelled containers in the inventory -
      • Locked Items - all locked items go in this container. Also, any item that you place in this container is automatically locked into the inventory. An item can only be removed from the container if the item is unlocked.
      • Quest Items - all quest items go in this container.
      • Equipped Tools - all crafting tools that are equipped go into this container.
    Recipe Book
    1. Cross reference recipes - for example, in the recipe for a Longsword, I would like to be able to mouse over (or click on) the metal hilt, and have the recipe for the Metal Hilt show up in a pop up window. I do not like flipping back and forth between recipes.
    2. Add a search function with ability to search for the crafted item and for ingredients
    3. Put the Usual Yield # in recipes - show the usual (base) # of items created by a given recipe. If yield can be increased by some method, then state "An exceptional craft increases yield by 1" or "Efficient Refine Materials Skill gives a chance to increase yield by 1"
      [​IMG]

Crafting

1. Add ability to choose max/min batching amount:
      [​IMG]
    2. Put the Usual Yield # in the crafting window for the currently crafted recipe -
      [​IMG]

Teleporting
    1. Discovered locations list - I would like to show the discovered locations list using all of the following options: select it from the drop down menu of the Window Selector icon, open it when a hot key is pressed, a drop down menu on the map, or by clicking on a teleport to zone scroll. Then, once that menu is open, clicking on a location automatically uses a teleport to zone scroll if it is in my inventory.
    2. Sort the locations in the teleport to zone list alphabetically by default - right now I am not sure how it is sorting the list, but however, its sorting now, its not user friendly nor helpful.
    3. Ability to right click on a friend shown in the friends list or in the chat window and teleport to them - add an option to the right click menu "teleport to friend" (which would appear only if the person was on your friends list). When you select the "teleport to friend", it automatically consumes a "teleport to friend scroll" from your inventory. This would co-exist with the current way of teleporting to a friend.

Skills & Combat
    1. Exit Combat When Talk to Vendor - When talking to a vendor, automatically take me out of combat so I can trade (or have an option that allows me to select if I want to do this). It's a bit of an annoyance to close the window, get out of combat, and open the conversation again. Also, the instruction that you need to "sheath your weapon" has 2 problems:
      a) When I am in combat mode and do not have a weapon equipped, SOTA still tells me to "sheath my weapon". So, the warning would be better if it did not mention a weapon - something like "You must get out of combat mode to interact nicely with others".
      b) The warning is only visible if you have the "miscellaneous" info selected in your chat box. So, a new player may get frustrated trying to figure out why the merchant's text box keeps closing. You should also put the warning in big white text in the middle of the screen (like when i get the announcement that the oracle gave me my daily XP.
    2. Option to Turn off Training of All Skills - in the skills window, have an option to "not train all skills" which would shut off training of all skills.
    Emotes
    1. Indicate which emotes require an item to be equipped - one way to do this is place an asterisks at the end of the emote name. For example:
      [​IMG]

2. Sorting & categorizing of emotes - as it stands now, I often cannot recall the name of an emote, but I know the action I want to display. I have to keep clicking emotes to find the one I want. I suggest an additional category (type of emote) in the emote window. Then we could sort by emote name or by emote type. This would make it far easier to find an emote.
    Example emote types could be:
    • Dance - zombie, Mosh, chicken, etc.
    • Fitness/yoga - jumping jack, push up, balancing stick, tai chi, flex, etc.
    • Facial Expressions - eyeroll, smile, frown, etc.
    • Toss - all the emotes that toss leaves, flowers, etc
    • Breath - all breath emotes: breath fire, breath spiders, etc.
    • Juggle - all juggle emotes.
    • Magic - bird from hat, mouth coil, etc.
    • Music/Theater - sing, conduct, Mime emotes, etc.
    • Greet/Goodbye - wave, tip hat, etc.
    • Salute - darkstarr salute, love salute, etc.
    • Opinion/Sentiment - Cheer, clap, boo, smells bad, toast, yes, no, shake head, shake fist, laugh, belly laugh, etc.
    • Clean - rake, sweep, etc.
    • Puke/Vomit - all the puke emotes
    • Physical interaction- hug, spank, hold hands, flirt, face slap, kiss
    • Direct - come here, point, etc.
    • Read/Write - read book, write book

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I was hoping you'd post some bigger stuff now that someone is paying attention :)

I suggest that they do use the Lock icon as you have shown on the paper doll, but make it functional as well. So every item has the lock/unlock item next to it on the paper doll and clicking it toggles to the other state. The same for the combat bar, the icon is always there, clicking it toggles it.

This overlaps what I have in the Vendor UI design, where I used the lock icon to save an item list for restocking. Lock/unlock works right there, no right click needed.

And in that vendor UI I think I have clearly shown that there is real estate for the icon in the inventory as well. Why not put the toggle lock in there?

That would have the amazing side effect of making crafting using different parts easier. Want to make a few chairs with pine boards instead of maple? Click the lock icon on the maple boards. A single click is far better than the current "right click -> Move Mouse -> left click" method.

If you like the ideas please fold them in so they don't get missed.

Rinaldi likes this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

If this is a list of Ui stuff that, hopefully, is not too much work.

Add move up and move down buttons to the deck screen (default y) list of decks.
    Having the hot keys to switch between the first 10 (or is it 12) decks. But having to copy each to the bottom in the correct order then deleting the original is a pain.
    Or if it is easier, have a way to assign which decks are which number from a hotkey perspective in the deck list.

Regards
    Spung

Rinaldi and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think we're generally better off making a new thread for each unless it directly relates to the OP, so @Elgarion can lock it when he's got the suggestion written. Unless he wants to have a long running one. What should we do Elgarioin?

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ya, short concise Wishlist items would be best, single'ish topic. I likely will not be pulling items from very deep within the thread if at all especially if it goes off-topic from the OP.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

grandmaJOY likes this.
  7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

UI concepts, got it! Really nice screenshots btw, really explains it well :) Locked for record keeping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.