Guild Options

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Solazur, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@DarkStarr

Greetings and Happy New Year!

I had an idea that I wanted to put forth as a suggestion. To the best of my recollection I've not seen this discussed elsewhere so sorry if it has indeed been previously addressed.
    I would like to see a "guest" status option for a new guild recruit. As it is, if you recruit somebody to your guild they automatically have kindred access to any properties set to be guild chapter houses. Now in a perfect world that might not present any problems however, we have to deal with reality. It may be that it's possible to protect items through the permissions but to be honest...I find the current way the whole permissions thing is done to be kind of confusing. It struck me the other day that with launch right around the corner we may see a different type of player than we have throughout the development period. It's possible we might even see some folks who don't play well with others. I think a guest option would preclude certain unpleasant issues from ever occurring. There are other positives to this as well I think...like creating a new space for people to get the feel for a guild. Kind of like the difference in dating and getting married. I'd like to think that most people would prefer not to be perceived as guildhoppers and sometimes it takes more than a glance to know if the fit is right.

Also, it wasn't clear to me whether or not a visitor account can join a guild. I haven't seen any so my assumption was no. If they can already and I just missed that info...this doesn't matter but if not, it'd also provide a way for a trial account to experience being in a guild which can be a major factor in the overall experience.

thanks for reading

-sol

2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I agree with this ... There should be a restricted level. In other games (where I have the ability to name the levels) I would set the lowest to have no access to guild resources (bank etc) and name it "Recruit". My guild has a mandatory two week trial period and giving them access to everything right away has risk.

@Solazur, I'm pretty sure Visitors can't join a guild; but would have to test this to be sure.

Solazur, margaritte and FrostII like this.
  3. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Update: Tested ... was able to invite a visitor into my guild.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree this is not good. and needs modification.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Very Good points.
    This needs to be adressed.

Rinaldi, margaritte and Solazur like this.
  6. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I agree, I was under the impression years ago that the current guild mechanics were a placeholder for a better management system.

Now I don't think its even mentioned in the two year plan?

7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Yes, yes, and yes.

8. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Hi Everyone :D

I'm not sure which side I fall on for opinion here. (So I'll just point out some thoughts.)
    Would be great if there was a auto 2 week or another tier where new guild members can't enter the boxes (or vendors).

While useful is it needed ? or can we get close with what we have ?

While I do worry about the Bad Player that will empty every box and leave. I also worry about the good player that doesn't know the game yet. (The nice quiet new guy. That when no one is around sits and crafts all the wood into timber. Thinking hes moving forward but not knowing with no crafting XP pool he just wasted a lot of resource with no gain in skill.)

Settings when a lot is set to guild (member setting are)
    All Members are Kindered to that lot
    All Officers are Trustees to that lot

Here's how we have it set at the moment in the Jade Dragons.

What we have:
    Near every crafting station is a trunk related to it (lets say wood Milling and carpentry) (This can be any container on a lot.)
    All these containers are set to
    Co-owner for container lock down. (so it stays)
    kindered for items in and out. (so any guild Member,Officer,Co-owner can use.)

So we start with its a free for all. as far as items in and out of the containers go.
    As guild officer notice excessive materials (2k of pine wood) a Office will take around 1/2 of the material and put in a trunk set only to trustee(officers). (to be handed out as asked for/needed.)

This does keep a mass run off to a minimum (but not stopping it all)

Back to "is it needed". (Not that this is/will always be true)

I've noticed that most people keep everything in there own Containers/Banks and mostly share with those they have been dealing with for awhile.
    With the ability for the individual to place there own trunk and set to private. most keep there own stuff stored in there own trunk. leaving only the heaver long term players actually putting spare stuff in the group containers.(or No one at all putting stuff lol.)

Did you check if a Visitor can access a Container on a guild lot?
    I'm betting they can't access any guild container. (They should not be able to enter any container owned by another player anywhere in the game as a Visitor even if in a guild.) Wonder if they craft a container can they place and set to private on a lot? betting they can't do that either.

Not that this drives the question one way or another. but wanting to put my 2 cents in lol.

I agree it would be nice if when: You select a player, Click Invite to guild = you get a pop-up with a yes or no clicker saying "will this guild member start on probation" (guest/probation/another word for it/...)(or just auto start on probation)

For length of time I'm sure there would be a variety of opinion. I would say make it a new level of setting. So not only can you start out a member on it and only raise it if your feeling ok about them. You could also if your starting to have a bad feeling about anyone you could put them on probation. Which would cut them off from being able to use Guild lot containers(and Vendors?)(unless its a container or vendor owned by them set and set private. )

So Probation is offered at guild recruitment and officers can change a members setting (back and forth) between Member/Probation as needed. Basically creating a new tier below Member in the guild hierarchy. (Probation, Member, Officer, Leader)

Rinaldi and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.