Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Guild Warfare Request

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Ravicus Domdred, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I posted this in the R32 forums and had many respond with favor. No dev's responded so I must assume they have not seen it. Berek told me that there was a bandwith problem and they do not see everything, and is the reason they do not respond all the time. Therefor I am reposting it now in the R33 forums.
    I would like to formally request what meaningful pvp will be in the future of Shroud of the Avatar, from the Dev's standpoint. I have asked the players what they expect but it goes from all colors of the spectrum on the response. PvP has been neglected for a long, long time now and its hard to find active pvp players, at least in the world pvp scene. Its pretty much non existent besides scheduled events.

I proposed a plan in the past to Portalarium. I requested that the UO style guild warfare to be implemented. This would allow guild warfare to one on one guilds without flagging themselves for the overworld. I also would like to implement a ROE system (rules of engagement) that would allow selective looting rights for the warring guilds. Guilds and allied guilds would be subject to the ROE contract for the terms of war. Looting rights could be set from "no looting" to the broad spectrum of "full loot". This would be a contract signed at the declaration of war between the two warring guilds (and allies). Guilds that are helpful could take in new players and teach them pvp mechanics and war other guilds with the "no loot" setting in the ROE contract. This would help new players learn PvP without risk really, except repairs or such.

This system would also allow Role Players to perform stage shows and performances, even role play pvp without hindrance from being flagged from open world pvp. This would allow Tournaments to take place without griefing. This would solve the PvE player owned town problem of hosting pvp events in them, as they could use the guild warfare feature to do the tournaments. I strongly urge the review of this system as it would be very beneficial to all of Shroud players.

This would also help the hard core pvp guilds as you could set the ROE to full loot. Its a win win. Please consider this Portalarium.

Fauxpas, Time Lord, | Grave | and 2 others like this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've seen them mention they desired meaningful guild warfare as a feature. Though I have never seen it defined what that would entail. Certainly a topic I would like more info on.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

In telethon, there were some talks about implementing the [raid] group linking and guild alliance. I anticipate guild warfare will come after that.

Time Lord, Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.