Guild wars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artte, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artte

Artte Avatar

I have been reading a lot about what people would like to see included in the game. It seems to be all about skills or local elements affecting skills. I think this is a mistake. I (for 1) am amazed at the complicated nature of things as they are. There are so many ways to contribute or compete. Its staggering. Frankly, this is not just good ....it is necessary. Cookie Cutter builds are such a danger to game predictability. I think we are good. to go in this area. My concern is as follows. There are going to be too many loose ends that can be exploited.
    I think development time would be better spent elsewise ( I made that word up-see ...wordweaving!)

Which brings me to the subject of guild wars. I think this is as exciting as any part of the game. I am not yet in a guild. So perhaps I need to be schooled. so be it. I would really like to see a day when guilds can ally with one another. It would be great if they could "own" an area. IE ...if you are in an instance that is "owned" by a guild then they would have some kind of advantage in it when it comes to fighting.

Perhaps when warring factions that get really close together on the overworld map will cause an instance where every player from both sides in the area will be pulled in. Of course 3 guilds could meet etc.

I would also like so see you defensive skills got WAY up when you are in the town where you live, or in another town where you have a guildmate living-perhaps in the latter case it might depend how far from their home you are situated.

Just a thought.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  2. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I'd like to see Player Town Wars. It could look something like:

• The town gets a bonus for every other town it has declared war against. (Maybe plus to xp gain?)
    • Players who are signed up for the militia of that town share in the bonus.
    • If you are enrolled on the militia you are automatically flagged when entering that town if it is in a state of declared war or if you enter a town you are at war with.
    • Losing towns get some sort of penalty which increases until such time as they surrender.
    How to "win" the war?

Not sure, but I have a couple of ideas.

One could be a point system where each kill accumulates points based on the level of the person killed in comparison to the victor.

Another idea is maybe some sort of banner that must be captured and held in your town.

3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The only thing I don't like about guild wars is they heavily favor larger guilds. I am not a fan of mega guilds, hence why I'm in a smaller close-knit one full of players I've known for as long as seven years throughout multiple game titles.

The only way to really get around this is for each guild to have a roster of players that participate in the guild wars with a limited number of players on the roster. This however has the disadvantage of excluding players not on the roster and can lead to griefing over only allowing the best players with the best builds onto the rosters.

This is why I prefer faction wars. Where players are split into factions based on each faction's ideology. The goal would be for each faction to have close to equal representation. Which admittedly can be difficult without forcing players into the less popular faction choice if one side ends up being heavily stacked.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

they can setup Guild Wars to be like... 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10 etc... to make it more fair and give smaller guilds the chance to partake in it... ^_^

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I would like to see outdoor pvp arenas that sort you into teams for things like capture the flag and other contests.

Audacity, Thwip and Kabalyero like this.
  6. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Bingo! That would be tons of fun!

7. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

We are totally building this in Rift's End. Hopefully we'll have it ready in the next couple of weeks. It'll be a bit of an effort to coordinate player made. But hopefully hold us over until game mechanics are in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.