Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gust balls aren't any fun...

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    How does a gustball fit into the lore? What exactly is a gustball? I know its used in gustball tournaments but how did it come into being, why is it so prominent now? Is it a conjuration of a wizard? Is it kobald tech? What is a gustball?

2. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Someone should tell the dozen people standing around in Owl's Head this afternoon for at least 45 minutes group-spamming some poor gustball near the trainer. They seemed pretty intent on trying to max out their skills in this way.

They looked ridiculous.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It was a stress test of the graphics engine, though. I had some stuttering while in the area.

4. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Of course. I'm sure that was the intent.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It probably wasn't intended to be that, but it did happen, and I am reporting that it did. What exactly is your problem with that?

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

So no one knows anything about the lore of gustballs? Are they sentient? will they give you a virtue hit for abusing them. Why are they indestructible?

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

ROFL! Now you have me thinking of a 'Gustball Mimic.' Go to whack it for free experience, and it eats you!

Lord Barugon and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Well this is a story based game :). Where does this fit in? I am rather serious on this and would like to know what it is really. I understand that this game is going towards the mmo/mmorpg now but I would love to have some storyline that is intact, at least at launch.

Soulicide likes this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It has about much lore as a common football, presently.

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

aye, so again my question stands, what is it? How does it fit into this world, its obviously magical. It can be cast on and not die. So is it a phoenix egg? what is it?

11. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Once upon a time, there was an outsider that came to our lands. He was said to have been an average fellow, no Avatar in the making there. And no wonder, because back in his lands, he was something called a foolball player. Where a bunch of these fools would stand around kicking a ball. The Baron of the lands at the time, being bored out of his mind (one can only imagine he must have been really, really bored to have listened to this fool), heard of the fool and decided to have a talk with him.

After much discussion, the Baron decided he would give this foolsball a try. But as it seemed below his dignity to kick a ball around, he decided he'd add his special touch to it. The Baron, being magically inclined decided it would server as an excellent way to train his mages and warriors in a competition. The great Baron came up with some rules, set a prize and thus was gustball born - because no way was the Baron going to have his game called Foolsball.

Over the years, the game has evolved some - such as the creation of the gustball (unlike the old balls of old, these were made to last - waiting around for a ball replacement could get a bit tiring) itself. But it remains relatively unchanged from the times of its creation. Unfortunately, the names of the fool and the Baron were not passed on but it is believed some of their descendants still carry on this tradition. Somewhere.

There^ your possible story?:rolleyes:

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

its an excellent guess! I could write a whole bunch of stuff and make stories. :) I want pink flamingos that eat bowling balls and shoot them out there butts at passerby's! I know a wizard once that made those. Can I make it canon?

4EverLost likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Great idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.