Has the quest system been officially diagnosed as bipolar yet?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Justice Owen, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice Owen

Justice Owen Avatar

Does it not seem like the quest notification system is unable to make it's mind up about whether it should be difficult or not??

Here we have a game that doesn't use massive exclamation marks and requires you speak to NPCs to both find /initiate quests though to also gather clues to progress them.

And yet :

• Compass shows you icons in the overworld and towns indicating where quest's next objective is
    • When you hover over the icon on the compass, it tells you what quest it relates to
    • NPCs and zones/towns have sparkling blue animation, indicating a quest objective within
    • NPCs wave at you and have sparkling blue animation, indicating they are related to a quest

Sure I can ignore it I suppose, though seems odd - as if the system is saying 'well it should seem difficult, though not actually be difficult.'

If I could choose, I'd drop the compass markers, and the sparkling animation and the NPCs waving at you.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    moko likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Try disabling "Show Task Highlighting" in Interface Options.

Jaesun and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Aye, its easy enough to turn off the compass, blue sparklies, etc. if you want :)

4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

The quest system was over complex and rather convoluted and buggy as hell, its being redesigned from the ground up, theyre still debugging some of it a bit but i wouldnt expect it to get fixed totally until new system is eventually implemented.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.