Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hatch/Basement Access requires dbl-left-click?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Celthon, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

When I want to enter my Basement I dbl-left-click the Hatch Entrance, which then opens a window with options, one of which is "Enter Basement". But when I go to another Avatar's lot and dbl-left-click their basement hatch entrance I go directly into the basement. Is this working as it should, or do I have a setting configured incorrectly?

If not a "bug" I'll delete the post.

9/19/2016 10:38 AM
    Title: Hatch/Basement Access requires dbl-left-click?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When I want to enter my Basement I dbl-left-click the Hatch Entrance, which then opens a window with options, one of which is "Enter Basement". But when I go to another Avatar's lot and dbl-left-click their basement hatch entrance I go directly into the basement. Is this working as it should, or do I have a setting configured incorrectly?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16328
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 1969
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.393.Date.09.16.16
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template
    Loc: (141.6, 38.0, 195.2)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is currently behaving as intended. This is the difference between accessing a hatch with permissions to edit the details (as you could), or accessing a hatch as a guest. When accessing a hatch as a guest, we removed the unecessary step of having to go through the basement UI to select to enter.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Although a better solution would be that there is a [Metal Plate] on the hatch which can only be clicked by the owner to access settings etc, while clicking on the hatch would take you into the basement.
    Or an even better old suggestion of mine, put the basement selection UI bit, right next to the house selection UI bit, put the basement permission bit right next to the house selection bit. Consistent and easier for the user. Only one UI to troubleshoot for R&D and QA. Which means it is all selected from the "sign", both the house settings and the basement settings. (But a slight note that this was rejected by your techs in a hangout for an undisclosed reason).

After all the most frequent user of the hatch is the owner, so having an extra difficult experience for the most common user is not as user friendly as we'd wish to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.