Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Nebuchadnezzar, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Avatar

Due life taking a series of turns, I haven't been able to play the game yet. Not even beta. I am looking to start and am interested in purchasing a Viking 3 or 4 story home bundle. I noticed it says it can only be placed in a player owned town and it is suggested I get permission first ( makes sense ) So...
    1) How do I go about getting permission especially since I am completely new?
    2) If I am granted permission, can the owner of the town kick me out for any reason? And if they can, would I lose my home?
    3) Is there any homes I can purchase in the store that I can place anywhere( didn't see any but in case I missed it) or can I purchase something that allows me to place my Viking bundle home anywhere?
    4) I guess I should have asked this first. Is there land still available or would I be wasting my money?
    Thank you for your time

2. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

1. Ask the owner.
    2. Yep, the owner could kick you but your house and anything in it will go to the local bank.
    3. There are homes available for purchase in the store, but you have to have a deed to a lot to place that home.
    4. I believe most player-owned towns still have lots available. Lots are scarce in NPC towns and Player Run towns.

Recommend contacting the owner of a player-owned town that you like, and ask him or her what lots are available. Check your options. The big thing is you won't be able to use a house unless you have a place to put it, and lots come in several sizes. You can put a small house on a large lot but you can't fit a large house on a small lot.

Nebuchadnezzar likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Look in the player marketplace section of this forum. There may be place anywhere lots available there. There is also a lottery in game where you can purchase a chance to win a place anywhere lot deed. If you get a place anywhere lot deed, be assured that there are tons of places available to place it. If you decide to get a POT only deed, there is no need to worry too much. There are lots of fine owners of pots who would be delighted to get you set up. Granted that there is a chance that the owner of that pot could have a falling out with you and eject you, but that is a pretty small chance.

Nebuchadnezzar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.