Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

haze / lens blur / out of focus. Bug or Feature?

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Sir Grant, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Hi! When I first got on before the first patch, the distant haze / lens blur feature/bug was overwhelming with some moments of clarity when things became sharp again. After patch 579, I couldn't reproduce it, until now! In Soltown, everything was sharp and clear until I started a conversation with an NPC (Stanley). Then my character and Stanley stayed relatively clear (just slight haze on us) while everything in the background became out of focus / hazy. After the conversation, it has remained out of focus. I can make it stop by going up ladder and returning to scene. I can make it start again by starting conversation with any NPC (i remains on afterwards).

If this is a feature, can it be turned off? I think it's a bug because it makes it sort of unplayable.

Running Beautiful setting, 2560 x 1440 on a gsync 27" monitor.
    gtx 970
    i5-3450 @3.1GHz
    8 GB RAM

2. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I have this problem too. With patch 579 installed! It occurred originally in the Wyrmsands, but it's also occurred in Owl's Head.

I've seen my name plate blur except for the part of it that is in front of a very close object. In the Wyrmsands, after I adjusted the screen brightness (which I have to do regularly in this release!) the effect went away. However, it returned during my subsequent visit to Owl's Head.

Are the developers experimenting with some sort photographic depth of field effect? If so, please stop! It is most disconcerting!! :eek:

Sir Grant likes this.
  3. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

This is still an issue. Happening in Braemar, Owlshead, Kingsport, some instances...

Weins201 likes this.
  4. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I've noticed that the blur only occurs when I'm zoomed in (using mouse wheel). If I zoom out far enough to see the whole of my Avatar, everything (name plates, etc.) come back into sharp focus.

5. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@ Sir Grant, Thanks for reporting, Issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review. I apologize for getting around to recording this issue later than I would like. The World Building, Scenes, Environment & Overworld has been growing and is under review for a faster way of handling these issues.

6. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@JohnL, Thanks you for the Additional Information on this issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.