1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Healing Pet instead of myself

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lilofee, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Lilofee

Lilofee Avatar

I know, this will sound a bit hardhearted ...
    But: I have no clue how often I died because I healed my pet instead of myself.

I never focus on my pet. It is collateral damage. I know it will die. I learned to live with this, just because I can simply use a skill and it is alive.
    I want to survive. That is my goal. So there is no-one else to heal but me. But: getting into a critical situation, I push my heal button again and again ... just to figure out, that I healed my pet instead of me. This is not what I want, again, I don't care about my pet (hate me :D). All I want is to survive!

So, please, give me an explanation: why does it ever happen that my pet seems to be locked in for no reason? I target my enemies with Tab, and hit Tab again for the next target. Still, fighting with an enemy, my target suddenly switches to my pet. I do not want this, please ... this is completely useless for my egomaniac fighting style (hate me again :D).

I am happy for responses that help me avoiding this or a simple eplanation, why it is so hard for a ranger to favor my favorite target (and keep that target as long as it lives) with my attention.

Thanks
    Pfauenauge

Dhanas likes this.
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If you click f1 after summoning your pet it target yourself, but yeah it is pretty annoying and happens to almost everyone who has to deal with pet/summon and healing, hope it get fixed soon.

Lilofee likes this.
  3. Lilofee

Lilofee Avatar

Thanks, I will try F1 :)