Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Health Bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Beaumaris, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

3/27/2018 3:33 PM
    Title: Health Bug, Ugh....
    Reproduction Rate: Recurring. Occurs periodically/randomly, same as experienced in previously releases.
    Blocker? No. Clears on zoning.
    Details: Actual health does not raise to health pool max capacity after casting strength/health buffs. It appears that actual health somehow gets capped lower than capacity. And then eventually that cap somehow gets lower and lower with more play time until one just has to zone to fix it else play with a quarter to half of health all the time. Recurrence seems random (sometimes I play for 15 minutes and get it, sometimes a half hour or more). Not sure what event triggers it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast strength of earth, inner strength, shield of crystal and fight patriarch bears for some period of time in Ulfheim. I used to think Torpor caused this but have been having this recur without using Torpor.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32692
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12244
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.749.Date.03.26.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (-176.6, 38.3, 133.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCgtMTc2LjU3OSwgMzguMzI3LCAxMzMuODY1KXwoMCwgMC4wMzEsIDAsIDEpfDM2My42ODY2fDI5LjY5MzUxfDUuMDc1MDA4

FrostII likes this.
  2. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Here's my theory from closely observing this bugs behavior over time.

This bug seems to be able to occur anytime an Earth/spell based adjustment to strength or health occurs that is effected by external variables such as attunement or strength scaling modifiers. I believe it's most likely tied to fluctuating attunements. The already cast buffs change intensity in real time but the additional health granted seems to only occur when the spell is first cast. Anytime attunement goes down, the max hp is reduced but the max displayed hp stays the same on health bar, the difference between displayed maximum and real maximum then becomes bugged for some reason creates a dropping ceiling. The lost health for some reason is never restored. If I only use a single source of additional strength or health the bug doesn't seem to trigger. Since many earth spells provide additional attunement and/or scale with attunement and/or strength, the buffs are in a constant state of flux of gaining and losing variables as conditions change. Recasting them offers a different intensity due to adjusted stats and retroactively applies their bonuses thus creating an endless cycle of losing max health. I have no idea why the system is able to still identify what your max health should be but for some reason isn't able to correct for and adjust the max obtainable health to be able to reach that potential though.

Basically this teeter-totter of modifying variables in real time continually lowers the health ceiling over time. It's like you can only lose max health in real-time but can't gain it back, and once it's gone, it's gone. You can get lucky and cast only earth spells first in just the right order and won't trigger it right away but come rebuff time, or if you're hit with debuffs in combat, the cycle will inevitably begin.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good insights, Runicpaine.

Today this occurred again, with my health becoming 'capped' at 250 compared to a buffed max health capacity of 896. Normal unbuffed health is in the 635 range. So this is not a 'minor' bug. Same activity as described above. Ulheim. Patriarch Bears. Shield of Crystal. Strength of earth.

4. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

Can't be shield of crystal because i don't use it and i have the same issue.
    Strengt of earth is the only buff i use and no earth attunement either.

Chatele likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Over in the "Blockers" bug forum, @Ferohir says he only gets it when Berserker Stance is enabled.
    In that thread, I asked him if he uses any other Strength related buffs, such as Strength of Earth or Inner Strength.
    Hopefully, he'll respond if/when he sees my question to him.

@Lexie
    Has anyone with this issue stated that they use NO STRENGTH BUFFS ?

Also, I mentioned this in one of the bug reports on this issue a while back, but I feel the need to mention it again.

I think a good clue to solving this issue is to look at what is different between what I see on my health bar and what others in my party see.

Without fail, everyone else sees my health bar as FULL - every time, without question !

My question then is:

What does my client GET that everyone else in the scene does NOT GET !

Why is is FULL FOR THEM , while LOW FOR ME ?

Chatele likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@ganjamanus Is someone else casting Strength of Earth on you ?
    If you're casting it, then you DO have some earth attunement.

7. ganjamanus

ganjamanus Avatar

No i cast it myself but i didn't know that gives me earth attunement.
    And i meaned te only buff in earth magic
    I also use beserk and inner strenght but beserk only adds extra weapon dmg

8. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hello,

I use all str related buffs including strength of earth and inner strength. I see the bug happens (even not berserker used ) but as long as I do not use berseker, it corrects itself in short time. If I cast berserker rage for the "second time" the hp loss becomes permanent.

9. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I am having this problem frequently after switching to heavy armor, So the change is Inner Str here. I buff Int.

Chatele likes this.
  10. golruul

golruul Avatar

I get this bug all the time and I only use Inner Strength and Strength of Earth.

Leaving the scene to reset isn't an acceptable workaround since it'll just happen again and is otherwise just wasting the user's time. Some scenes require a good amount of time (ex. Grannus Colossus) to get where you were previously.

Devs: as a workaround, can we get a new skill added called "Recalculate HP" or something that we can use on the passive bar? Obviously I would prefer if the bug was fixed, but that doesn't look like a realistic goal anymore.

Chatele likes this.
  11. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Intriguing theory, which I believe explains many of the facts. I think it deserves more investigation.

Also adding a couple of observations:

1. Never use Inner Strength, only Strength of Earth, and I have had this bug.
    2. Haven't actually had this bug in a while, though I use all the Earth buffs regularly.
    3. Still think there is something going on client side.

FrostII likes this.
  12. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Also note, that earth spells scale on strength to a slight degree also and if you have the sun skill for passive strength bonus during the days, this stat is constantly in flux. I know the exploit they are trying to avoid by having dynamic/realtime updating buffs based on attunement and stat changes..... but something certainly needs done to resolve this. Also there's a chance that one skill somewhere might be doing something wonky like adjusting Maxhealth, whereas the others are adjust MaxHealth and thus creating two conflicting fields that are trying to adjust the same field.

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    Sorry to "bug" you, but where do we stand on this bug ?
    :cool:

Chatele and LiquidBlaze like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Chatele likes this.
  15. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Berserkers Stance, casting inner strength once full charge, and then hitting it again at 1 by accident, same thing with Crystal Shield and Strength of Earth. I have triggered this bug in many different ways.... but always with str buffs and accidentally casting more than once.

FrostII likes this.
  16. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

i have noticed this bug also,,,, I notice it when im eating 2 types of food, using shield of crystal, and strength of earth. not sure whats causing it but best to start there.

FrostII likes this.
  17. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

I'm getting this bug all day long about every 30 minutes farming elves in the Rise. Have to exit the Rise to reset it. Hasn't this bug been around for a couple of years now?

Chatele likes this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It was fixed and subsequently broken once again....
    I am very annoyed by it but at the same time am aware that they are embarrassed by it, and seriously want to fix it.

19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Same problem here, but sometimes I use inner str. as well....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  20. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Oh really, guys, I am getting it constantly broken without using/having any buffs/spells/innates

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.