Hearthstone: Worth a Look?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitch [MGT], Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Hey everyone,

A buddy of mine suggested that I check out Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. It's recently left Beta so I thought why not?

Any experiences with the game? Any recommendations of places to start for tutorials/strategies?

Thanks,

Mitch

2. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

playing it since closed beta ( long time CCG player) and it worth checking out. albeit not being that fancy and a lot less depth than Hex or Magic. i find it still enjoyable to play a few matches daily. and most of the time it is fairly quick ( 15 mins/game) so Yes worth checking it out imho. and it is free so

mitchellhamilton likes this.
  3. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

I've been playing Hearthstone since closed Beta and it's well worth a look. It's what Dhimmi mentioned above, not as in depth as MTG but still quite enjoyable. I last played card games back in middle school but this had an easy learning curve since I've played the Warcraft series and WoW. There are some really good animations and hey... it's free.

4. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

5. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

its free, why not check it out, it will be a little frustrating at first.

6. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

If you're a diehard TCG player, it's definitely fun and has some well done artwork and sounds for each card. It's a little simpler than some games (MtG, for example), but you can actually have some interesting combos and turns based solely on RNG luck with your cards.

The cash shop is kind of a mixed thing, as like any good TCG system, you are buying a grab bag. You can, though, disenchant and craft certain cards from the materials, and you can also buy cards with in-game gold earned by winning against players and competing quests.

Plus, the game is basically free to play as is, so worth trying out. ;)

7. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

I'm having a lot more fun with Might and Magic: Duel of Champions.

I've lost interest with Warcraft and Starcraft over the years. The lore is being taken less and less seriously by the developers and the lore doesn't take itself seriously. The art direction was much like a graphical comic. But it's becoming more "cartoonish" every day.

I did try Hearthstone a fair bit during the beta. It was a sound game, but as I said I'd prefer M&M or Magic the Gathering. The fact they sunk the Warcraft Trading Card game in favour of this is what really pissed me off. They had a great physical system going. Electronic CCGs feel redundant to me. The whole point of a CCG was to represent what we can now do with graphics and computers.

But now I'm running off on a ranty tangent. It's a fun game, try for yourself if you're interested in electronic CGs or Warcraft. :)

8. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Well now I know why I didn't play Starcraft 2...

Battle.net is TERRIBLE. I signed up for it back in my WC2 days and the "secret question" I got was "Who was your childhood hero?" WHAT THE HJIASEFHQIEW*GHEFRBIASBFA kind of question is that?!?! I made this account 10-15 years ago...I guessed multiple times, all wrong...

I was then locked out of my account and required to contact customer support. I'm having trouble getting enthusiastic about this game when this is my first experience with battle.net in a decade...

9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

the correct answer is "Gracekain" ;)

Lol just call them or make a new account. The customer support is surprisingly helpful.

10. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

I'll see how my patience is this afternoon :p

Gracekain likes this.
  11. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think I am officially addicted to this game... It is a little slow when you first start up, but it gets very fun! I cant believe tho how much people spend on this game. My younger brother already spent $200!

12. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I'm also having more fun with duel of champions. Sadly it's probably the only truly well done game in the series in over a decade and it's a spin off...
    You should still at least "try" hearthstone though.

13. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

You should also have a look at hex, that has much more depth than Hearthstone but both are enjoyable in there own way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.