Helping a new player on Steam and... is there really no Tailor in Aerie?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm not seeing on on the in game map, there are two "cloth vendors" which does absolutely nothing to help a starting mage get their gear created.

And while we're at it, Resolute has no Carpenter, which means any Courage players who would like to switch to other melee weapons aren't going to be able to switch to polearms or bludgeons, even though those would be similar to the "Path of Courage" default sword.

New players would like to be able to craft their starting gear.

I recall there being a blacksmith in Blood River Outskirts, which is nice, but not that nice for mages. If there is a tailor there now, great, I'll tell the frustrated new player to go back into the adventure zone because that's where they make clothes, but not in 2/3rds of the major cities.

Logically, there is a tailor in every major city in the world, as well as a carpenter and a blacksmith. If you have to limit their recipes to make people go elsewhere, so be it, but at least load up the generic low level stuff on them.

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot , I just checked the SOTAMAP facility and SOTAWIKI to check the availability of tailors in NPC towns near Aerie (ie. Storm's Reach, Xenos etc) and drew an absolute blank. Tailors, carpenters and blacksmiths constitute the core 3 NPC vendors if you want to make weapons, armors & other equipment plus furniture and not having them available anywhere near a starter area is a big drawback.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot

I would recommend posting this in R51 Feedback when that goes live.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ouch. Nice catch.

Cordelayne, Vladamir Begemot and Numa like this.
  5. dcosper

dcosper Avatar

thankyou vlad, writing my new player post now(the steam player you were helping)

Vladamir Begemot, Kara Brae and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.