High backers property

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RexInMonte, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexInMonte

RexInMonte Avatar

Greetings!

Sorry if this question has been asked before or if I'm posting it in the wrong section, but I just joined so everything is shiny and new...
    Still need to figure out where everything is etc.

Anyway, back on topic high backers get a fee free plot.
    Now SotA will be a sequence of games, and I don't know of that will also reset the map.
    If I understand it right it will, because there was another comment / question about it.
    But this didn't answer the question if this will mean that higher backers won't get a free plot anymore?
    I'm really thinking about upgrading my backers pledge to a level that includes a plot and house.
    But if this is just a year and a half I won't.

Thanks in advance,
    Isildur

Time Lord and Jatvardur like this.
  2. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I haven't heard anything about plots being reset. The deed is tax free whether you place it, don't place it, or place it and pick it back up. Now, in later episode releases they are adding more plots, but you won't lose yours.

Edit: The only way you lose your lot placement is if you away from the game for an extended period of time, or for tax deeds you don't pay. You don't lose the deed, just the plot placement. The deed and house/whatever was on it goes into your bank or storage where you can get it if you come back.

Lord Trenyc, Time Lord and Isildur like this.
  3. RexInMonte

RexInMonte Avatar

Thank you that was exactly what I wanted to hear :D
    So now I have to save more money... :/

Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

You can do a monthly payment option as well which I find best for me.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Isildur, it sounds like you might have misunderstood something.

Right now, SotA is in its alpha stage, where different game systems are being systematically introduced into the overall game experience. That way, if the developers run a test that is geared towards testing combat abilities, animations, and mechanics, they can get a good bunch of feedback on those issues before introducing something like level progression.

To accommodate this, the Portalarium is opening the game up for one weekend each month for backers (of any pledge level) to help test the alpha releases. It's an unusual system because most MMOs do "public betas" that are basically designed to stir up hype for the game by giving everyone very, very limited access to all the game's systems (like being able to play to level 10 or whatnot). With the alphas we are being allowed to play, the game doesn't feel like a finished game at all because it's not meant to do. The game isn't finished. :)

So for every alpha release (and for the beta, when that happens), the world is being "reset" in a way because the devs make changes to the world between releases. The final game, when it's ready, won't reset in this way. It will be a persistent world.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Do note that you can buy land lot and house with ingame gold too, ones the game is released. Its been stated that initially there will be all the backer lots+add on store sold lots and from that count about 30-50% free lots at the start of the game. So if we have 10000 lot deeds by backers & add on store, there will be another 10k of lots open at the start. Or thats the current thinking but dont lawyer me on that bro :)

But what you dont get as non citizen+ backer is rent/tax free lot (or the house models presented as rewards)

Later Episodes will add more lots & explorable areas.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

He doesnt mean alpha, he means Episodes 2 thru 5.

So if he buys a house now, he want to know if he need to pledge for another house in Episode 2 etc..

Atleast thats how i understood the question, which is a valid one.

Lord Trenyc, Time Lord and Isildur like this.
  8. RexInMonte

RexInMonte Avatar

That is indeed what I meant, sorry if I was unclear English isn't my native language.
    Sir Bradley White said that it wouldn't tho, so my question is answered.
    It could be that I mixed up a comment about the reset from alpha to beta or release.

Thank you all for replying :)

Time Lord and Lord Trenyc like this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

In that case, no, the plots won't reset. New plots will be added, but you won't lose the house or lot you already have. If you like at that time, you can revoke your claim on your current lot and move to a different lot. You'll keep the tax free status if you do that. It's also possible that Portalarium will open up pledges again for future episodes, giving more opportunities for new players in the future to earn tax-free lots (or for Founders and Benefactors to earn a second+ tax-free lot). That's all speculation, of course, but they'll have to find some way to fund the game.

Time Lord and Isildur like this.
  10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Also, this might go without saying but I want to say it anyway. That you said you'll have to save more to up your pledge does worry me a bit. Please remember, this is a game. :) If you have to save to buy a pledge, you probably shouldn't. There's always the chance that you won't like the game, and even if you do, speaking for myself, $400 can buy many things in life that are far more useful, enriching, or cool than a bundle of pixels. If you choose to up your donation to the Citizen level or higher, great, we'll be happy to see you in Dev+. :D But please don't put yourself in a position where you might regret it for financial reasons. :/

Time Lord and Isildur like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

With each new Episode, they will open up more land, but your existing lot and deed will still be valid. The plan is for the game to run at least 5 years for the 5 Episodes and hopefully even after that.

Isildur likes this.
  12. RexInMonte

RexInMonte Avatar

True and kind words, but don't worry I would spend the same on a ps4 and it wouldn't give me the half of the pleasure as I will have for sure from SotA :)
    I played many mmo's over the years, because I like them a lot.
    When I start reading about SotA my first reaction was, they have been spying on me for years!!!
    Because I always complaining about other mmo's because they don't have what SotA has / will make.
    (Housing exactly how they are making it!, forced co-op through skilling, true RP, free chat with npc's, and much much more :D )

To give you a little suprise I'm already in the Dev+ forums ;) I'm crazy... I know :p
    And for the small chance that I won't like SotA, well yea that would be a shame (won't happen but even if) I would be proud and happy with contributing the creation of such ambitious project that will change all mmo's for sure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.