1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Hilt Fortress for Lens Quest should be group-able

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Gravidy, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

In doing the Vermillion Lens quest through the Hilt Fortress with a friend (@epicooger ), I was disappointed to find that it was a "solo" instance. I really don't see any good reason to make this solo, at least from a story point of view. For people doing the quests, this scene can be quite challenging, and being able to bring a friend (whether they are on the quest or not) would be great.

The only real quest element in the scene is the forge itself. I think it's perfectly reasonable that it simply works for everyone in the party that has the quest.

We were somewhat low level going through this area (< lvl 60). Therefore, we essentially had to run from everything until we got to the bottom, where we had to deal with the fire elementals. The one lich in the scene is very difficult now, and I suspect it just got an upgrade from R74 balance changes.

Pinging @Sannio for his consideration.

Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Because originally, the fight at the end at the forge was near impossible for anybody but top players to do solo- the idea was to make it hard to use the forge to make obsidian gear. But people didn't like to be forced to group to do the main quest, since selective multiplayer was still a thing back then. The quest instance is now solo, to keep people from using the easy version to make obsidian gear.

The lich... yeah. Another dumb side effect of buffing the crap out of liches and forgetting there are places in the game where low level players need to go to complete the story. Double dumb, given that the new super lich in there pretty much negates the whole point of having it be a solo instance in the first place.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just ran past the Lich, and continued to finish the quest?

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Looks like someone's going to take a hit to their valor/courage! ;)

Bowen Bloodgood and Anpu like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe. Sounds like now, at the level you might likely be at going through the story, the lich could easily one-shot you as you tried to run by. Though, I suppose then you could just keep going and rez on the other side if there's an ankh.

Regardless, coming up against that at, say AL50ish while doing the main storyline is a bit off-putting.

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
  6. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Exactly what I did to get to the forge.

Synergy Blaize and Anpu like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I wasn't part of the original dev discussions for the construction of Hilt Fortress, but it seems like some of the points brought up in this thread were probably brought up there as well. Also, let's not forget SotA can be played as an offline game. Offline players can only play solo (excluding the concept of companions) and require a solo-able version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.