Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hilt Fortress: Reassemble and use the Vermillion Lens

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Andrew Rodrick, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

01/28/2020 21:02
    Title: Reassemble and use the Vermillion Lens
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: When I clicked on the forge then on the recipe to combine the Vermillion Lens it added all the components to the craft window then deleted them, so I am stuck unable to complete the quest (see the image below for error message). Very frustrating!
    Steps to Reproduce: click on the forge in Hilt Fortress
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16258
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.1102.Date.01.23.20
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior/Quest
    Area Display Name: Hilt Fortress
    Loc: (64.4, -78.0, -122.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMl9IaWx0X0ludGVyaW9yfFF1ZXN0fCg2NC40MzUsIC03Ny45NiwgLTEyMi41MTUpfCgwLCAwLjk5NywgMCwgMC4wNzYpfC05MDguNDk4OXwxMi41MjkxMXwyLjkyNTUwNA==

[​IMG]

Additionally: I also had issues with the step before this, if I looted the lens fragment from the pool in the Epitath then logged out of the game and used the start on world map option the fragment disappeared.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I have investigated this further and I think the issue is with the fragment from the pool in the Epitath.

It turns out that after a logout, two of the fragments re-appear in my inventory however the Epitath fragment is gone. So, I went and collected the Epitath fragment again and used the forge, same again everything looked deleted however on a relog only the Epitath fragment was deleted. Also of note is that when collecting the Epitath fragment on all occasions the take all button didn’t work and I had to manually collect the fragment and other items (there were many).

So, at this point I’m completely stuck without dev intervention or this being looked at.

Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll talk to Ravalox about this today, could be a bug. If so, we'll push it forward. Just in case one of the quest masters can offer some insight. @Anpu any idea on this one buddy? Seems buggy to me. It's been about 2 years since I did the quests.

Andrew Rodrick and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There was a change on getting some of the lenses and my guess is the lenses are possibly not set up right or have a missing flag?

Are you doing this solo or with a friend?

Andrew Rodrick likes this.
  5. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Thanks for the responses, hopefully this bug can get tracked down, much appreciated!

I've been doing it solo.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! I believe I found the issue and put in a fix.

The fix should both address the original problem and allow you to once again collect the Vermilion Lens after forging the 3 shards together. Unfortunately, you'll have to re-acquire the Epitaph shard again. The problem was a recent fix for a related issue (wherein players were able to acquire multiple Vermilion Lenses) wasn't done well, and that was my fault. I'm so sorry for my mistake!

I'm not sure when the update will go in. You can collect the Epitaph shard whenever you like, but you should wait until the fix goes live (hopefully only a day or so?) before returning to the Obsidian Forge.

Anpu and Andrew Rodrick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.