Holiday Item Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The Turkey Tamer and Cornucopia are great, but what other ideas can you come up with for future Add-on Store items?

I was thinking it would be cool to have a magic scarf (or hat) that would allow you to create a snowman pet when using the correct recipe (1 carrot, 5 timber, and snow). This would be a seasonale pet that would melt during non-winter or indoors (leaving only the scarf).

As a bonus, the snowman could produce a random water magic related spell component once per day.

2. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

what about mulled wine, or wassail. It could be like a simmering pot, that gives one drink, per day. Kind of like the cornucopia.
    Or how about this... a snow globe, with lord british's castle covered in snow. (could be a largish snow globe, not necessarily a table top snow globe) It could either snow all the time... or do kind of like a snow globe, where you have to activate it to see a minute or 2 of snowing.
    A music box. Maybe when clicked, you see a animation of someone skating. or a couple in winter attire, on a field of snow dancing. and it plays some music.
    Back to the snow globe idea... you could do something similar, for new years, the image of a important recognizable structure in ne brittania, that when clicked, you would see something like fireworks.
    Heck, they had fireworks way back in china. And also in the Tolken books.
    Uhm.... A old world santa clause coat? Going back before coca-cola, firmly established red and white as santa colors, the coats have been white, blue, green etc.

As for the snowman...cool concept. But, if only durring winter, then by the time we could actually use it, it would be spring already. But, it could melt after awhile. The magic scarf or hat, would need to auto return to your inventory I would think.

Hmmm.... halloween... maybe a ornament of a skeleton or grave, that when clicked, a ghost comes out wails a bit, clinking chains, then leaves...
    Valentines day... I guess some kind of special looking bow, golden or something...
    saint patricks day could be a minature pot of gold, that gives you green beer when clicked... or gives you some kind of temporary luck bonus
    easter... well that's almost time for Scarborough faire to start, so I don't care about easter. (also, can't think of anything that doesn't involve eggs or summoning rabbits)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.