Home decorating help - grids, views, no clip ?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Echondas, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm sure your dev. tools probably have a feature like this - but it would be great if we players could get access to something similar.. I.e: the ability via assignable key or menu option, to enter a more advanced 'decorating mode' - which would overlay a grid on walls, floors, etc.

This would help people who are really trying for precision to place items, to better line things up, keep items the same height on walls (ie: lights, paintings, etc).

Also the ability to get some better camera angles, viewpoints - would be helpful - to see how things look.

Another huge help would be the ability to to enter a 'noclip' sort of mode while in a home you own or have permissions in.. but that could be too open to exploit ..

- so my suggestion would be perhaps to add a very low-level spell without reagent requirements (like 'light'), similar to a 'wizard eye' spell - that would allow the caster to control an out-of-body camera (typical wizard eye) to perform a similar function - without actually moving the player into possibly exploitable situations?
    - This could even be useful outside of the decoration function, and be used throughout the game - however, the 'eye' could be targetable and destroyable if the caster is flagged-PVP -- (or destroyable by monsters if deemed necessary/appropriate)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.