Home Location Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alrick, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

Greetings! I am at the disadvantage of not knowing where i should place my home. while i appreciate the development process and the Alpha testing. I myself, have never enjoyed being a part of it. thus i have only logged into the game a handful of times to check progress, UI, etc. I really didnt expect a final wipe to occur this far before the game is officialy released (im honestly not a fan of that). I pledged at the edleman tier. would anyone be so kind as to give me a little advice on where i should plant my roots?

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I recommend creating a character and actually going and looking at the various towns. You can use sotamap.com as a guide/reference.

Bow Vale, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  3. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

Greetings and welcome back to Novia!

There have been quite a few threads like this, and I think the general consensus is that nobody knows where the good housing spots will be for a couple of reasons - 1) "good" is completely subjective - you may like busy cities and someone else may love the back woods hamlet, and 2) it is completely not known yet where people will congregate and go to most often. Now, there is speculation about that (main cities like Brittany or Owl's Head), but no one can say for certain.

My best advice is to log in and play a bit after wipe and see what towns and areas you like - only you will know for sure. The good thing with an Edelmann pledge is that you have a couple of weeks until your time to select a plot of land, which should be plenty to explore and see what corner of Novia appeals to you the most!

Good luck and welcome back!

Ulrich

4. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

That is a pretty loaded question, that is like asking which automobile is best for you.

You should take a look at sotamap.com, The town icons that looks like a castle are Non-player Character towns, which are pivotal to the story. The little hut icon with the clear roof are player run towns, which means they are designed and placed by the devs but have no importance to the story. The little huts with the black roof are player owned towns, they are designed (to some degree) and placed by players. You would have to contact the Owner/Governor of the town to place your deed there. Hope that helps!

5. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

So I just checked out sotamap.com. And bookmarked it. Good stuff. But is it accurate? Celestis. 12 Water Village. With a SotAWiki link. Go there, and that page shows only 2 City water lots.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  6. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

It is possible sotamap.com might be slightly out of date on some towns, but it is a good source to use as a guide to which region of Novia or High Vale someone wants to place their deed. Best bet is to choose a few towns and then check them out in game.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Mykll, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  7. Curt

Curt Avatar

ICE Queen has in her signature
    a decent list over avaible lots to

8. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Hello and Welcome Back! Their will be plenty of lots available, just depends on what you like . There are presently a lot of beautiful places, plus diverse biomes. Hope you enjoy the game and lot selection.

Mykll, Bow Vale and Time Lord like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Thanks for the replies. I have been greatly out of the loop. I did play a lot with the sotamap.com earlier and found a nice selection of potential plots. So guess I'll see what's available closure to my time frame.

Furious Farmer, Acred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.