Hometown Fences and Lot Sizing

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Black Tortoise, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Thank you to all at Port for the Hometown idea, and doing all the work to arrange the town and give us a place to experiment and experience housing before we invest in a particular home.

I often find myself wondering how much yard space is leftover for a given house on a lot. Most of the imagery in the add on store is inadequate for this guestimation, since often pictures depict a house on one-size-greater lot size (so for example, village homes are often shown on town lots, towns on city lots, etc). Im a visual thinker, so its hard for me to use XxY amounts to determine how big of a "yard" I would have for each home. Even with that, I find it hard to find the XxY information for each house.

When I go to Hometown, one of my biggest concerns is often, "how much yard space will I have?" this is difficult to determine if the current home one is viewing is next to many homes on all sides - eliminating trees which may mark the perimeter.

Currently I am trying to determine the amount of yard space for the Kobold Town home. Im making the safe assumption that there is no yard space leftover on a town sized lot if one uses the Kobold Town home. This prevents me from buying it. If I knew for a fact that I could place a couple of trees, bushes, signposts, and an awning for an NPC outside, I would buy the Kobold Town home today!

What would help is if there is some sort of demarcation for the lot size for each home. I realize adding fences to ALL the homes would be a lot of work (plus some folks may not like the aesthetic). Perhaps 4 trees marking the 4 corners of the lot would help? Or bushes! Even a street lamp at each corner would help, and it'd make Hometown look more homey!

As an alternative, is there a way to program in the visual borders of each lot in Hometown, much like what is seen when one is placing items in one's yard? Totally understand if such hackery is not readily available.

Any other suggestions are welcome, but could we perhaps get a way of easily, visually determining the amount of yard/lot space leftover in the respective lot size for each home? That is, each village home leaves X amount of yard space over in a village lot?

TIA :)

Matt Harris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.