Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hometown illustrates problem with uncontrolled house placement

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Greyhaven, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Well, unless many people purchase "City" lots that would not be likely to have so many AirShips in one location. The picture of your City with the Statue is BEAUTIFUL! That is the way I would like mine to look also. I would feel like I am living there and would feel serenity in my spirit.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I think communication with your town citizens is the key. We don't need a system programmed for that.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I think this is a reasonable wish on the part of a POT owner who wants a themed POT, and those residents who move in would know about the restrictions beforehand, and would only move in if they, too, valued the theme.

It would be difficult to manage after the initial launch, however, as new homes become available, and the owner has to decide whether to allow them or not, and some residents are unhappy with the decisions.

It will be interesting to see if restricting housing ever becomes possible.

4. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Its Probably too late to restrict because people have purchased these from the store but I too wish they could limit houses to the correct biome .... towns are going to look a mess unfortunately.

5. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

Given the price those things are going for, I doubt you'll have to worry about that exact scenario! ;)

6. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I suspect it's simply the nature of the beast as any crowd sourced endeavor will likely run into these issues. People want things the way they want them, whether in the grand scheme of things those things makes sense or not.

7. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Nailed it, Katrina. Nicely put. I feel the same way, and I was going to suggest that very idea before reading your post - an approach like this takes me back to my web design days. :)

This fix is especially comprehensive if different areas within towns and zones could have different 'biome tags.' If a town has a mudlot (which would likely carry a 'desert tag'), adobes would look fine there. Next to the marketplace, which would have a 'city tag'? Not so much.

Additionally, this might do well to elevate the value of relatively plain and unseeming houses, such as the Citizen-level home -- homes like that could be made 'tagless,' for the most part. They can be put in any biome because it's reasonable for such a standard home to be there, and so they'd have some extra built-in appeal to them. It could be an effective way to move product in the add-on store, and it could also allow a means of controlling population density.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  8. Womby

Womby Avatar

Whatever brilliant scheme people come up with to limit the choice of lot owners intending to place homes in NPC towns, it cannot apply to houses that have already been purchased from the Add On store. Not without offering a full refund, and I cannot see that happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.