Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Horrible Negative Mouse Acceleration

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by MikeRotch, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

Mods: Please feel free to move this into the proper bug forums as you see fit, I could not find a proper bug category to file this under.

I didn't play the release before this because I was out of town. But I did play the release before that and I did not experience this issue.

This game is now unplayable to me because I am experiencing negative mouse acceleration. I only experience it when I hold down the right mouse button to use the camera. The cursor is not affected. Basically what this means is that if I move my mouse 2 inches really slowly, the in game camera does a 360 around my character. if I move my mouse 2 inches really fast, the camera barely moves 45 degrees. If I move my mouse a foot like an inch a second, the camera does like 9-10 circles around my character, if I move it a foot in one second, the camera will move about 180 degrees.

Now before you guys tell me that it's my drivers/settings/control panel let me say that I have been playing FPSs with the mouse since Doom 1 (yes back in 1993), all the Quakes, UTs, Counter Strikes, so I know how a camera is supposed to react to my mouse movement. I have a Logitech G700 mouse that is in wired mode. I have disabled Enhance Pointer Precision in the Control Panel, and in Logitech Gaming Software 8.51.5 I have disable Pointer Precision as well. I have also tried to download so called "negative mouse acceleration fixes" and it didn't have any effect.

Sorry, I am not trying to sound pompous but I have posted negative mouse acceleration issues in some other forums and have been told that I don't know what I'm doing, that there's no such thing as negative acceleration, that I am a n00b. I am just trying to be thorough.

I have experienced this issue in other games. The only few I can think of from the top of my head are FarCry 3 (I was able to fix via some tweaking of FarCry's ini files thanks to a link I found on YouTube ), ARMA2, the DayZ Standalone, and the latest Splinter Cell (the last 3 I could not play because I could not fix it). I DO NOT have this issue with lots of other games that I just literally just loaded up and played to test this issue. Tera, Guild Wars 2, Sleeping Dogs, Counter Strike GO, CS: Source, Star Citizen, Team Fortress 2, Batman Arkham City, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Portal 2, The Walking Dead to name a few. I know it's not my drivers or settings because I repeat, I DO NOT have this issue in these other games.

Here is a list of my settings I think are relevant (sorry it's 12 AM here and it's getting late and I wanna get to bed so the list may not be complete)

Logitech G700 Mouse
    Logitech Gaming Software 8.51.5
    Win 8.1
    Asus r9 290
    I have my mouse DPI set to 1200
    and in my control panel I have my pointer speed right in the middle of the bar

I have also posted in the bug forum that I consistently get 22-32 FPS no matter what resolution or AA or shadows settings I play at. I am not sure if the two are related or not

P.S.

If it would be more useful to submit a simple bug report that conforms to the "Reporting Bugsā€¦ or QA 101" that just says "negative mouse acceleration" and my specs please let me know and also which forum I should post it under.

prospereau likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.