House Serenite lays claim to Grunvald Shardfall

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*When the knock on the door had been going on for enough time Spoon put down his copy of 'The Rise and Fall of the Obsidian Empire'*
    -OK then, what is it now.
    -Mayor, there is a declaration about the conquest of Grunvald.
    -So?
    -They say they will kill on site anyone who enters the shardfall.
    -And?
    -But mayor, that is a great offense to the liberties of everyone. One can no longer enter that shardfall in a peaceful manner.
    *Spoon goes up to the messenger and looks him deeply into the eyes with a deep sigh*
    -Have you ever been to a shardfall?
    -No mayor.
    -Have you ever heard of outlanders killing eachother endlessly and needlessly once they get close to those obsidian shards?
    -Yes mayor.
    -So you are now upset that outlanders have a reason to be killing eachother in a shardfall?
    -Yes, er I mean no, er, I...
    -Right, right, right. If there wasn't anything else?
    -But mayor...
    -Yes?
    -Shouldn't we do something?
    -Of course we should.
    -Great mayor I can inform the troops, right a-
    -Nonsense, you will do none of the kind. Instead inform the market association.
    -The merchants?
    -Yes. The merchants, they will see this as a great boon. Armor needs to be wrought, weapons need to be made, food and supplies in long caravans. So off you go.
    -Yes mayor.

*Spoon pours an extra mug of mulled wine and sits down in front of the fire once more*
    -A shardfall, rights of conquest, the beginnings of an empire, violence and order, hmm wherever did I...oh that is right.
    *Spoon reaches over, grabs his book and starts reading again while sipping his wine*

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Very cute but you didn't come visit today? We missed you. The date above kinda gave it away. Use Photoshop next time, just a tip.

3. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Umm, that's the date of the last patch i think, even now it's saying 09.07.16..just saying...

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

(Absolutely) The exact date is just below the compass Duke.

You should ask your astronoms.

5. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Kobold empire watch hoomanz wit interezt, kobolds wait for instrukzion and muzt repot to command

6. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Yez, the kobold King! Who ar you outlander to tell uz who uz King...you don't belong heer

Aeryk, LikeAfox2, moko and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I can't say who is the King but I can say who is not, my dear.

Someone who can not tell what time is it can not be the King.

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Correct, @Athanil. That's always been the build date... since the chicken room. Hasn't changed. Anyone with quality time/experience in Pre-Alpha is aware and can back that up.

@Hornpipe - Great suggestion! I can use my sextant and check the shards of the moon against the angle of the light from the shadows of your body and realize it was around 1PM Central (okay fine, I just reversed the time/date stamp under the compass... but the rest of it sounded good!)

I think it's funny that I've gathered ~700 obsidian shards in the last 3 weeks and haven't seen a single HSoG person. *shrugs* who knows! I'd say Grunvald is the least guarded/governed shardfall actually. I see more activity elsewhere and have yet to fail an OoV Patrol there... I guess time will have to tell!

9. Duke William of Serenite

My King is Lord British. Whether he likes what I am doing is up to him, not you. If he asks me to stop my claim on Grunvald, I would happily concede to my kings wishes.

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Dear Duke William,

As long as you pay allegiance to Lord British, you have no other land rights than those he had granted you on Serenite.

As you said yourself : whether he like what you are doing is up to him, not you.

Now I'll leave you to ponder on your attitude. I do not think it is useful that we continue this discussion further.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  11. Duke William of Serenite

Then he can ask me to stop, it's that simple.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  12. Duke William of Serenite

So I guess your guild is backing away from my challenge again? We don't need to keep missing each other in Grunvald. If your knight wins against mines Grunvald is all yours . Pick your best fighter and I will pick one of my lower level knights who wants to prove himself. Stop trying to come on here to get other people dragged into a fight that only you care about taking up. It's time to wear the man pants and step up to my challenge. Why drag others into needless bloodshed when two warriors fighting for their clans honor can solve the problem? Name the time and date and I will have one warrior from my guild duel one of yours . Gauntlet is in the dirt since last release .

* William seems to be two gauntlets let's short, so he went back to his armory for one more*

Maybe this one will do the trick!

*slams the gauntlet into the dirt*

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

(not sure how to say this in a roll play way, since clearly this is someones alt but Ill try)

Sir, you speak with us behind a mask, surly you can show up your true face when speaking of great leaders! I would say that all great leaders historically are smart enough to set up behind them a large set of really strong killers to help support them and their claims to land.

14. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

How about i just Come And Claim The shardfall in the Name Of the Republic And All Allied Forces? :)

15. Duke William of Serenite

The post is up, bring it and don't sing it.

Vrunk Hrrk and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

my Dear Duke, Do you Not Know who i Am? Does the name Amara John Ring A Bell? :) i Spar regularly With Your Knights :D

17. Duke William of Serenite

Send a tell to my guys and they will try and get something together for some pvp. That is the purpose of this post.

18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Will do :D i usually fight on their side anyway :)

19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Must be some coin going around, people pvping again. It was starting to get good, then the economic bomb hit and it ended.

20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Wouldn't the person who sets the name to the land have the most claim to it's property? The original envisionary who defines the land and gives it a name to fit it's denizens? Just a reminder of who named "Serenite". Also, to be clear, I'm not the one who keeps slamming gauntlets down trying to start a war. I can afford to fight but most really strong PVPers are either still leveling their builds or are broke from buying what they need for their sets of > +8 gear.

I hope you realize you're talking so someone who's made 4 +12 weapons from scratch out of stuff I've farmed with 100% stuff I created in the last 24 hours. I'm a crafter, always have been and always will be, before anything else. I'm a merchant by trade, and I'm a fighter by requirement. There's nothing in HSoG that threatens me or leaves me worried thus I will continue to snicker at the lack of patrols and freely, without any repercussions, farm the obsidian shards and donate them to people like @Amber Raine at less than vendor value or give them to @EMPstrike for his obsidian crafting runs ;)

It's all good, enjoy your verbal, forum only, landgrab and pvp.

That's an interesting combo of names... and you do seem like you have a very low post count. Are you new to SotA or just the forums? Either way, welcome. Also, :eek: what's a paladin? :eek:

Frederick Glasgow and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.