Houses are in limited quantity? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Anuuk, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aribeth

Aribeth Avatar

Arent we all paying so this game can be done? If we have a few bucks, we pledge less. We must be happy that people can pledge more money so this can be a better and larger game.

2. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

He thinks the game is a competition. We are all playing for different reasons

3. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I thought about it and did update my pledge to the citizen level but that doesn't change my opinion above, it is a little sad to see how many of the reward bonuses are tied to having a house when even most of those who are pledging will never own one to use there bonuses. Guess that is my main issue, its not very equitable to use something as a reward yet not enable the person potentially to use that reward.

Maybe this could have been gotten around by having a lower level of housing yet not making it rent free, or not making it have a vendor or something like that so those with rewards from the lower levels could still use them while still making the higher pledges valuable

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@Korrigan I am very offended by you saying that only the rich are buying the Citizen + levels and the more poor people cannot afford it. Plus you are point the finger at the $500+ pledgers as controlling the game.

I collect Ultima stuff as it brings back great memories of my adventures so my pledge into the $500+ range is for many things. I afforded my please amount by looking at my paycheck to paycheck life and seeing where I can pay less on things now in order to have the amount I need to participate in the alpha - final dev discussions, develop a NPC character, have the collectors edition of the game, own a house sooner in the game, and to show my full support for this game to succeed. I am not rich but I know that I can change my finances up a bit temporarily, work more hours in r/l, and postpone other things to later this year in order to afford my investment in SofA now.

I feel bad that you think this game is only for the rich and those who goldmine to make a profit and that you think unworthy people will direct this game toward goals you think are bad.

I wanted to make sure I had a vote and give my feedback for the success of Shroud of the Avatar. Ultima adventures is in my blood and I have been collecting all of them since the beginning. I even play UO yet to this day paying a monthly fee.

The worlds that Lord British created is some of my most positive experiences in life besides my family experiences.

LordG

5. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I completely agree with Lord G. I believe that most of the large $500 pledges and above are from passionate players who have had their lives changed by Lord Britishs games when we were young. Arent these the people you want in the homes? The rest will be the passionate in game players.

6. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Hear hear!

7. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

And even if you/we whoever is rich... What difference does that make, all rich people are evil? They pay for houses to win...? It's so ridiculous to say something like that really.

People who pledge a lot of money do so for different reasons, be it that they love everything RG does, or they have high hopes for a new UO or whatever. Some people might be righ, others aren't, makes no friggin difference. We all want to play the game.

I even wrote two pages ago that I would love to see more people getting a chance on a house even tho I pledged for one already.

But there are some people that begrudge others the very air they are breathing only because they can not afford a house or think it's too much money. But good to see that the majority here are grown-ups that are not like that!

8. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I dont see any pledge levels where i can pledge to be a fully leveled wizard, all spells, best equipment and the main story already beat so iguess it really isnt pay to win.

9. Korrigan

Korrigan Avatar

Just for info, for @crachazz and his pathetic insults: I'm 45 years old, and I love my job and my paycheck, but thank you for using assumptions that only make YOU look bad. As usual, it's those who pretend being the "grown ups" who sound the most childish. Real grown ups don't make insulting assumptions about other people when those people's opinions are different from theirs.

As I said, what a nice community this game is going to have.

10. gadget

gadget Avatar

well ... i shelled out "big bux" (at least for me) and became a citizen of this wonderful community ;)

yeah ... COMMUNITY !!!

it's a game, but we create a community, and as ironman points out, hearing all the positive input, comments, suggestions is probably more rewarding than the actual game itself, as it represents participating in actually creating the game

i bookmarked some really intelligent posters, i feel like i just tapped into a creative/intelligent/rational mindset goldmine ... so, thanks to all, the larger backers (i'm 99% certain i'll be upgrading), the little guys getting a great deal in 3 games for the price of one, and most of all ... those paying noting more than REPENTANCE who just found honesty is the best policy ;)

p.s. i reached out to korrigan, offered him a room in my village level house ANY time ... when i say COMMUNITY i mean it, his concerns are valid, he presents a point that IS worthy, frankly i think he did a good job overall of being civil, and he's just putting in his two cents, so i like that ... i also think ALL his concerns will be almost automatically dealt with in-game once its up and running, so i also completely agree with the idea he was being a little too critical early ... looking forward to dev forums SO MUCH, born in the 60's, gamer since atari console, peace, gadget

11. High Baron Asguard

Why all the hate?

Yes there are some issues with the fact so many of the rewards for pledging are tied to housing however there has to be someway to please everyone, maybe as someone suggested dormentory rooms or something

But that's no reason to attack each other

12. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

I have 2 houses (village+town). I am willing to open up my town house for people who would like to place and maintain a vendor at the highest level of commitment.

I will give you a key and also set aside some chests for your personal use.

Marketing will be handled by me or you can contribute too if you like.

The only catch is, I will charge a fair amount of commission or rental fee (depending on the game mechanic).

If you do not want to own a vendor, thats fine too. You are welcome to stay at my village home for a small rental.

This is my offer to you Korrigan. You will have a good start. To bash the community at such early stage is uncalled for. I am sure we can help you out somehow when the game is launched.

In if have not noticed, the game has already begun right here on this forum.

13. High Baron Asguard

Lord kei, wow you paid for 2 kickstarter accounts up to the higher levels, that's dedicated

14. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

I just thought 2 homes could give me some tactical advantages such as proximity to unique resources.

Town house will be the shop and maybe my village house will be placed near a mountain for easy access to ores. Something along this line.

Also village home is almost risk free from investment perspective. The collector's item + rent free home + free episode 2&3 is well worth the $500.

15. gadget

gadget Avatar

@Lord Kei ... will that really work, since the two deeds are secured through two different accounts?

i.e. will you be able to merge the contents from one account to the other, or is it more like you're going to be living a double life, with two completely different experiences ?

16. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

Any reasonable implementation of access privileges will allow shared spaces. People are already asking about being able to rent rooms.

17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

@gadget I think he means to have potential safe houses that he has direct control over. From what we've read it at least seems like we can let our friends enter our homes, and presumably store stuff. So Kei's two characters would be in-game friends that share houses. That's how I'd do it at least. :)

18. High Baron Asguard

or he could just give his second deed to himself as deeds are transferable

19. gadget

gadget Avatar

ok ... earlier he had posted he had donated twice, and that both donations had been applied to one account, resulting in him having only one home ... hence, he had the two donations separated, and a second account created to provide him the opportunity to get the two deeds he originally wanted.

jatvardur: i see how that would work well, it does provide the opportunity to have safe havens in more than one key location on the map, but i don't know that it would allow gathering items from several accounts and accumulating them all into one account

anthony : that makes sense too ... but isn't there a limit of ONE deed per account, to prevent real estate consolidation problems that might arise ?

sweet discussions, great ideas, thank you, jeff

20. Lord Kei

Lord Kei Avatar

Yes only one house per account and I have 2 accounts, a lord and a citizen.

I am assuming we can add friends to our home and home owners can set access privilege to storage (chest, closets maybe book shelf too). If UO has such feature since 1997 I think it will be a safe assumption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.