Housing in Single Player mode?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Anuuk, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anuuk

Anuuk Avatar

While I do understand having a house (or shop) in any of the multiplayer modes would be most likely, but I have to wonder if it will also be available in either of the two single player modes? If anyone questions why then just compare this with the multitude of housing mods made for Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim (...all Bethesda games).

A few simple reasons... because even housing in single player games adds to the immersion of the time spent in the game. Gives you something to work on other than just following the story or engaging in constant combat. Adds diversity in what you spend time doing. Helps make the game feel more like a world you live in by building and decorating a house.

Also, building and owning a shop in a single player mode would also be nice. Even if it's NPCs that buy your wares.. or if not owning a shop then just allowing us to sell our crafted or looted items to NPC vendors (like we did in UO)...

Thanks...

2. Aeolyn

Aeolyn Avatar

This would be great, especially for those of us who couldn't ante up the $500 plus for a pre-release deed and will most likely never have a chance at one in the online world.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think it's pretty safe to say you'll be able to get a house. Just keeping in mind that the character in a purely offline game won't be able to be in the mutiplayer. This alone makes it completely safe and feasible to buy pretty much any player lot in any town that might otherwise be unavailable in multiplayer.

4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well as it stands right now there will be player housing.

Why do I say that?

Because at $500/1500/3000-3500 you get rent free homes. The fact that they get "rent free" homes tells me there is rent and why would you have a rent if you did not intend for players to own property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.