Housing Platforms for POTs

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Graynight, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

So, I have heard that there is some sort of mower, or other such item for POTs that is in the works, but here's an interesting idea.

What if we could have platforms to place lots on? Something that could be lowered into the ground, creating a flat (even) surface on top that POT lot Markers could be placed?

To keep it from being abused, make it so ONLY lot markers could be placed on it. To further keep it from being abused, make it invisible/intangible until someone claims that lot. That way it's not just a big, level area that you can do stuff on without claiming. Heck, I'll even accept if it takes up a town deco slot, just for the chance to not have gaps in my zoning because there's one little divot in the ground.

I'm not thinking something huge like a house can be propped against the side of the mountain. Just something that could be placed on the areas that are just barely outside the realm of acceptable. Just in that spot where one corner is a little higher or lower than the rest, otherwise it would be perfect....

(For the look, it could be Stilts, Stone foundation, wood beam retaining wall... etc etc etc)

Jonah Hayes and Cypher Black like this.
  2. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Thinking about this... the other thought would be to give the lot markers themselves 'three dimensions'. Right now they are flat (sheet of paper), but if they were to have a bit of a height to them, then they could be placed a long as the lowest section of the lot touches the lowest point of the ground, and the highest point touches the highest ground point.

Have it to where the highest point of the ground is the placement level. Have the height of the marker sink into the ground (so is the land is level, there would be no increased height). If there is a low spot, it's filled in with 'foundation'. If the lowest point on the land is too low for the foundation, it still can't be placed.

Jonah Hayes and Cypher Black like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.