Housing Plots Soldout Question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Caliya, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

If the game is a success they will be sold for 1000s of $ on ebay, etc..
    While I have no issue with private parties selling virtual goods for real money I rather see that kind of revenue go to the developers for creating and further improving the game with episodes 2-5.

2. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

It makes the game less enjoyable for those being locked out of owning a home and ultimately will hinder the games growth and the revenue going to the developers.
    I have no issue with working hard to earn a home, maybe even YEARS of collecting resources, but that is not what happens. After all if everyone would work very hard it would not change the number of plots available, it would just drive up their in or out of game price tag.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

You dont make much sense here. What does that have to do with housing being limited?
    if there are 500 sp0ts for 1000 players, some of the 500 people would want to sell thier houses for RL cash, and some would want to spend RL cash to get a house. You find this to be a bad idea, because you rather see the money going into developers?
    Ok so;
    If there are 1500 spots for 1000 players, everyone get thier house and there is no market for housing... and this, in your eyes, somehow is benificial to the developers? How?

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I said it once so il say it again.

You know I remember in the early days of playing UO. I shared a small 8x8 tower with 2 other people, we had strong boxes for our personal items and shared everything else. I also remember crafters standing around blacksmiths in towns crafting and repairing, running to the bank for resources and running back again.

Some people have 'chosen' to kick off playing this game with property and maybe some other items such as an Axe of Prosperity, for this they pay the premium (which goes back into the game to help develop it further). Some people choose not to do this because they want the game experience of achieving that goal whilst they play. Others maybe can't afford it, other can..........some just want to just complain on how unfair it is, some just want something for nothing.

If you really want something work hard and you will get it.

5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Where on the add-on page does it state this guarantee? What what do you mean by "village house?" there are many houses for sale that have that in the description, and some do not.

How do you know this information? Where did you get it?

If I spend $200 for a house deed, and I'm never able to place it, you don't see an issue? Really?

If I paid in-game gold to buy a house deed, I'm only out some of my time in earning gold to buy it. But if I pay real world cash and it's useless, yes that is a big deal to me.

I fail to see how you fail to see the issue.

6. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Someone tried above to make a realistic estimate for the housing available and arrived at <3000. If the game would be a huge success we talk about hundreds of thousands of copies, leaving housing unattainable for many. If housing is supposedly (according to the developers) a central piece of the game than you removed a central piece of the game for >95% of the players. That is not exactly a point that will sell game copies.

7. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Have you read the FAQ?

"First priority will be given to backers for lot choice. The order will be determined by amount of pledge with Founders getting priority over Benefactors at each tier. Backers will be given an exclusive window to choose their lots. Each backer can choose exactly one lot during the window. The next window will be given to those who purchase lots from the Add-On Store. After that window, lot choice will be open to all players."

8. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Can you point me to where this is stated as some sort of guarantee?

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The add-on page:
    "Village lots are located in almost every village, town, and city across New Britannia. The Village Property Deed in the Add-On Store includes the Shingle-Roof Village Home"
    There are no more for sale as the 200 have been sold.

The fact that no more of these will be sold for the foreseeable future (due to ensuring that there are plenty of lots available in game for players to buy "in-game") has been confirm on the irc chat on two separate occasions by both FireLotus and Darkstarr.

Now I'm sure it had already been posted somewhere that everyone who has 'purchased' a lot will be able to place. That aside, the fact that they won't sell anymore based on the idea that they want to ensure that there is plenty of plots available for players to buy "in game" tells you that people will be able to place.

10. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

If I had to work hard for years in game it would be fine. What I am criticizing is that they force people to work hard out of game
    Even that would be less of an issue if it was all just people pledging money and paying different tiers, but once the game goes live there will be people buying a copy having heard that player owned housing is a central element who will be mislead into thinking that this was attainable in game (other than by an incredible stroke of luck).

11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

In addition to what's stated in the FAQ (as quoted by Lord Ao Soliwilos above), apparently Starr himself has given his personal assurance as indicated in Sir Kiron Maedun's post below:

Jambo likes this.
  12. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I make it too complicated? They announced they would allow more than one house per account, but that housing would be limited. Since you are not current on these issues, I have no choice but to take what you write as opinion rather than fact.

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

No one is forcing you to do anything. Those who pledge do so because they want to.

You need to grasp the concept that this game will not exist on $0 income. As a 'high' pledging backer, I want something for my money. If I put an investment into any other company I would expect a monetary return......I don't get that with this, I get a house, and for that I'm willing to make the investment.

14. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

I would suggest that those of you who repeatedly quote answers not pertaining to Caliya's question would cleanly distinguish between buying a house and a plot and between claiming a plot and buying a plot.
    None of the sources just quoted answered her questions.

Caliya likes this.
  15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

In the FAQ, this is a typo, he meant village plot, not village house!

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Just to be clear on how important 1 house per account is.

My main account has 2 houses. My second account is working up to citizen level......that's 3 houses. The question is, do you really think I would be that concerned on paying $45 for a 3rd account to make 1 house per account work? Do you really think it would put me off?

17. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Land deeds and houses are separate things.
    There will be enough plots of land in the game for all of the pledges, plus the 200 sold in the store, leaving a number available to be claimed using in-game currency. By design, there will be fewer plots of land available than number of players. The land rush that will ensue is your incentive to back the game at a high level. If you don't wish to pledge high enough to obtain a plot of land, then you'll be in the land rush.

Houses are available. Each one states in its description that you're going to need to obtain a plot of land to place the house, otherwise it will sit in your inventory unused.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Doesn't really matter, when you buy that you get the plot and the village house option. That's what the purchase is.

19. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

If there is a question whether buying a house deed will also give you a land property, I can say with certainity it will not. The house deeds can only be used if you already own land, or are later able to get land. Read the FAQ's or ask support directly if you feel that is still unclear.

Envy / Midian likes this.
  20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Every backer, no matter how much money they pledge, should get something for their monetary investment. No one has argued that point. THAT is the point! If I buy a house deed, what is to guarantee that investment when it's not stated that I will be able to buy a plot in-game for sure?

Unfortunately, you have repeatedly shown you don't really read what some of us write.

I'm more than willing to invest if I know that investment has a future. But if I know it's a crap shoot (no, I'm not into the stock market), then forget that! I'm only referring to real money. In game, a crap shoot is just fine with in-game gold. But we're talking real dollars here.

The whole reason I asked the question in the first place was because I want to buy a house deed, but not if I have to flush it down the toilet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.