Housing suggestion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tensoon, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tensoon

Tensoon Avatar

I don't know which forums to post this under, but I had a suggestion for houses. Make a small one or two story building for row lots, maybe with glass windows in the front. Allow the maximum npc's to be placed be 6 instead of 2, and have it themed to be like a market or store. Let the owner rent out vendor spots for their vendor mall for a price or free. This would be SO convenient instead of having to run all around a city, letting the few guys who has rows right by the entrance setup larger shops.

Leelu, jammaplaya, Numa and 2 others like this.
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

For Row homes I think the max NPC right now is just one... but yeah, a merchant themed Row home with a storefront and giant alcove windows would be awesome.

Leelu, moko, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  3. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I agree, I was thinking the same thing and didn't get around to posting yet. Lets free up some lot space for us modest row home owners.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

How about no - -

There are plenty of way to build a shop - and crushing more vendors in a row lot does not fix anything. Since nothing is really broken this is just more stuff crammed into a small space it really is not any benefit.

2 vendors on a Row lot are more than enough.

Also you have limits on numbers of NPCs if you increase this on Row lots for any reason what do you do to make it right for player who bought larger lots for more vendor spaces, give them more also - sorry.

As for a glass front on the first floor sure I like that idea or a pass thru window option, the aesthetics for shops can definitely get some love. Aesthetics only.

5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

+1 good idea

Leelu likes this.
  6. Tensoon

Tensoon Avatar

I disagree with every point you've made. First, "crushing" more vendors on a row lot fixes the trouble of having to run around an entire city for scattered vendors here and there. It centralizes shopping to a convenient location. If you're going to argue that people bought large houses so they could have more npcs, then make the vendor house more expensive to reflect a fairness to those who did buy a large lot for more npcs. This isn't saying that every row gets more vendors, but that only those who have the house on their lot get that ability while it is up. The entire purpose of this suggestion is to centralize a market area for player vendors. It's a headache having to go to different towns, and then running the entire city over for vendors that may or may not be there. Let the row lots near the entrance have more vendors, because those houses are already dedicated to doing that. Save the player base some headache.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.