Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

How about adding producer exp to the crafting window?

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by brhanson2, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Could go in the lower right or lower left corner. That way when we are crafting we can see how much exp we are gaining/losing.

Just a thought.

uhop likes this.
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

As far as I understood the current philosophy of the devs is that you shouldn’t bother that much about leveling, skill gain, etc.… you should more or less savour the journey of your avatar and do not always take a look at the numbers.
    E.g. the Avatars general level isn’t any more directly visible ingame , the experience pool information went from main screen to a lower edge in the skill window…I think that way it is quite unlikely that these number will be shown at the position you described. ;)

3. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

yet still so many members know how to look it up, so many members know how much a control point make xp per hour or how much silver per hour can be mined from alysium per hour, and ever yet users are still asking to put XP pool numbers in plain view or are asking there guildies and or in local chat where they are so they can keep tab on things...

ITs been many many releases since they removed it and still xp is just as important as before.. IN FACT if you try to join a control point group they will ask you your level and may refuse you if your too low.!!!
    So at this point the whole idea of removing the xp info from the main screen is more of an annoyance in the game is becoming counter productive.

Since removing it completely is out of the question ( because it will create outcry of prolific proportions ) they should consider putting it back as an option in the menu to display it in the main screen..

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well I think this is more a problem because we’re all creatures of habit. :p
    Once you learned how something has to be it is difficult to change this. First I switched quite often to the desktop to take a look at my avatars level and had the skill window normally opened to keep an eye on my exp gain/loss…but after a couple of weeks I stopped doing so as it is not needed. Maybe once a day to once a week I open my skill window to take a look if my pool is decreasing and if so I switch to another location or adjust my skills and my adventure lvl...I think I checked it the last time two months ago.

Regarding group play...if people would be honest most could estimate by themselves if they are able to participate in a dungeon as an productive group member. In most games lvl 50 means you has to visit area/dungeon A and lvl 60 means you has to visit area/dungeon B but I do not think this is also in SotA the case. In SotA it is possible that a lvl 50 Avatar is more worthy than a lvl 70 avatar in a specific area/dungeon simply because of their chosen skills and that way the adventure level is somehow misleading and not that meaningful as many may think based on their experience in other games.
    And indeed your example with the control point could be for some people the norm but ask yourself wouldn’t be a lvl 63 Archer more useful than a lvl 84 necromancer if you are fighting a control point with undead enemies?

And aside of lvl, skills and numbers…I (at least for myself) think that in SotA single and group play has honestly more to do with fun and not with “how to most effectively grind” a location. I do not take a look at the gold or experience income anymore and simply do what I like to do. Yes maybe I’m not as strong as others or do not have as much gold as others but the things I do never feels like it is work and I think at least some avatars I'm interacting with think the same way. If it is fun for someone to grind most effectively they are free to do so but if you do so just because you think you have to…I would honestly suggest that you rethink if it wouldn’t be more entertaining to do something you like instead of constantly being in a rush maximize your "profit"...stop sometimes to take a look at a butterfly, the rabbit hunting wolves or simply open yourself to the scenery...i do not know how many hours simply passed while I was looking at a beauty-spot or by taking a look at what other avatars are doing. ;)

And by the way out of question is nothing…but of course it is unlikely that the devs will remove the pool info because of the impact it would have you already mentioned...but even if they would, I do not think that would have a large impact on the gameplay itself. People would simply use other indicators.

@brhanson2
    To summarize I personally wouldn’t like such an addition as I do not think it is necessary but I do not think I would bother if it would be there.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.