How do you actually assign hotkeys to decks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe I am dumb. But I have never used this feature before, and I can't figure out how to actually do it. The player guide just says "Also, you can assign up to ten decks to the ALT+0–9 keys to quickly swap decks" but gives no indication as to what you actually do to make that happen. Opening up the "Modify Deck" for a deck and pressing Alt+a number doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't find anything indicating how to actually set it.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You go to Options and Look down the list you then click in the deck you want and assign a key to chose it,

Option / Controls . . .

[​IMG]

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Huh. So the player instructions are just flat out wrong. @DarkStarr

FWIW, the full text in the instructions is as follows:

"The deck interface allows you to set an alternate deck (including it’s own linked equipment) and swap between your equipped and alternate decks with the X key or the Swap Deck icon at the bottom-right of the screen. Also, you can assign up to ten decks to the ALT+0–9 keys to quickly swap decks. This can be useful for chaotic battles where you might need to switch from ranged to melee combat, or go from healing allies to defending yourself."

If this can't be done from the deck interface, this ought to be reworded, as it currently leads one to believe the hotkeys are set from the deck interface. Maybe, "You can also assign up to ten decks to the ALT+0–9 keys from the Options>Controls menu."

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah there are a lot of things that get added / changed that the general instructions are not updated. A lot to do with information and how / where it is introduced.

DS is pretty good about these once he knows and sees it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.