how do you turn off "HEAT"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sway, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Don't know if mentioned/intended but with the "heat" system casting certain locked glyph (with NO heat buildup) is triggering a much longer "global cooldown" in which NOTHING can be casted. Executing the same glyph from a dynamic slot creates no such cooldown. Examples spinning attack, eathquake, deathray ...I can understand adding a bit of a longer global to prevent heat spamming, but it only seems to be certain glyphs, and its not just locking that glyph but your entire bar.

2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm running with a mixed deck. Combat unlocked and buffs locked. Hmmm... Maybe I should try it the other way and see if it still affects the deck the same?

It didn't make sense that the entire deck would be affected when it's a combat glyph I'm selecting. But then the entire deck is unavailable for a time. I dunno. Feels weird.

3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I also use a hybrid deck (4 locked, 6 unlocked). It didn't make a difference if the combat skills or the buffs were the ones locked (tried both) - you still had to wait out the "global cooldown" before you could use ANY of the glyphs, which proved quite deadly when battling a mob of foes :eek: Had to either run away and kite (not so easy with foes' improved A.I.) or just stand there and take the beating, leaving me barely alive after the battle :confused: Not sure if this is how this "heat" system was intended to work, but I am certainly NOT happy about the change :( Dreading to see how this will affect my upcoming PvP tournament duels...:eek:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Sway, Sentinel2 and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Exactly what I experienced with my limited testing this weekend.

Some locked glyphs are causing global cooldowns for entire combat bar and not just that glyph type.

I'm sure it's a bug that will get fixed soon.

Sway and Sentinel2 like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Heals donĀ“t cause a global cd

6. Sway

Sway Avatar

yes i know but at the same time someone has to make a complaint if it's ever going to be looked into and hopefully fixed

7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I was actually supporting you on what you were saying and trying to give you information you may not have had. :)

The top part of my post was not directed at you in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.