How does crafting XP get distributed to skills?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bonulino, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I have been searching the forums here and the internet in general for an answer to these question, but I'm still confused.

So, let's say I go out and do a bunch of gathering and generate a large pool of crafting XP. Now I go to a crafting hall and start making things.
    1. Does XP get distributed every time I do a crafting activity, or only after a certain number of activities are done?
    2. If I do an activity such as putting a Masterwork enhancement on a piece of leather armor, do all the skills above the Masterwork Leather Armor also get points distributed to them. If so, how are the points divvied up between the skills involved?
    3. How many points are extracted from the XP pool per successful attempt at masterworking? What about if the attempt is unsuccessful?

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

A simple way to check that for yourself is to actually do some crafting and have your skills tree (K) open. You will see the XP you have in the crafting XP pool and how that changes while you are doing things.

As far as I know the amount of XP deducted from the XP pool and put into a skill is not fixed. The more XP you have in your pool, the more XP are put into the skills you use, so I guess it´s a percentage of your pooled XP.

Bonulino likes this.
  3. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

every crafting activity distributes a percentage of your crafting pool to the skill getting used. One way to cut down on expendable resources (gold/silver ingot use for enchanting/masterworking) is to get your crafting XP pool respectfully large. The larger the pool, the more XP put into the skill, the less resources used per gain. On the other side - every crafting activity also adds to your crafting pool, you can watch your pool change upwards skill use by skill use - this lets you know which crafting activities gives the most XP per use. The very first time you do a craft - you get a enormous amount of XP, so making things like a dungeon room or a shrine is pretty good. You get the XP bonus for first regular item, and first exceptional item. So, if you know there is going to be 2x XP coming up soon, prepare things to make high XP return items - shrines, rooms, artifacts, etc. You can easily gain 10-20mil in a hour or so.

Bonulino likes this.
  4. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Thx for the replies.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't forget all the learning modifiers you can apply.

6. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Could you list them? I am relatively new to the game.

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

The following buffs increase learning speed:

Consumables (food or potion) - food items can be obtained by completing the "fox-and- rabbit" daily quest in Castle Atos, by doing the daily turn-in of items to the storehouse containers, and from general loot. Each of the food listed below use 1 food slot (out of the 6 slots available). Potions don't use food slots.
    • Decorated Cupcake (+25% learn rate for 1 hour)
    • Elderberry creamcheese sugardrops (+25% learn rate for 1 hour)
    • Petit Fours (+25% learn rate for 1 hour)
    • Slice of Lord British Birthday Cake (+100% learn rate for 1 hour)
    • Thumbprint cookies (+25% learn rate for 1 hour)
    • Obsidian Potion of Guidance (+300% learn rate for 7 days) - I think the learning rate for this potion is increased by the "elixir receptive" skill. Also, i think that if you are a subscriber, the learning rate is doubled to +600%. These potions can be obtained in the crown store, but a lot of players sell these for in-game gold.
    Blessings & Mentoring
    • Blessing of Acquisition (+50% learn rate for 3 days) - obtained by completing a quest in Lost Vale.
    • Blessing of learning (+100% learn rate for 1 day, but this buff drops-off as soon as you leave Castle Atos, so it encourages people to train in Castle Atos) - obtained by jumping into the blessing pool near the blacksmith in Castle Atos.
    • Mentoring (Train with a Grandmaster) - if you are in a party with an avatar that is a grandmaster (level 100 or more) in the skill you are training, and your level in that skill is less than 100, then you will get a learn rate boost for that skill (until your skill level exceeds 100).
    Note that all of these foods, potions, and buffs will stack. So, can get well over +500% learning rate by using multiple buffs.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Tirrag likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not affected by the Elixir Receptive skill but, like all other obsidian potions, it's doubled if you have a subscription.

9. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am not sure. My Obsidian potion of guidance gives +450% and i don't have a subscription.
    My elixer receptive gives +50% on consumables...which would make a +300% potion into a +450% potion.
    Could something else be boosting the buff on my obsidian potion of guidance?
    Or maybe at some point they changed the base buff from +300% to +450%?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

There is the +100% from the Fountain of Learning in Castle Atos,
    +25% from some cookies that you occasionall get from the rabbit quest kids,
    There is some cake that gives a bonus that I don´t remember exactly.
    +10% from being mentored by a GM of that skill
    +600% from the obsidian potion.

However that only affects the speed in which your XP pool is spent for skills.