Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

How does it work? QA testing for New User Experience with an alt

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Spoon, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    @Berek

So this weekend I will be running some NUX testing both in live and in QA. But since I don't want to delete spoon in live nor QA (since I want both new and mid level), I will do most of the testing with an alt account.

So a couple of questions :
    I work with software support IRL. So when I test there is usually a looooong report with feedback high and low.
    Is there a way to send someone a PDF or similar instead of using the forum post format?
    I don't want my alt to get credit for my work. Is there a way to flag to you that it is really spoon doing the testing?
    With the silly "no alts are allowed to post in the forums" rule. How can I use the bug report function in game when running an alt through the NUX on the live server without running into moderator trouble?
    Is this the correct spot to post NUX feedback in?

FrostII, Time Lord, Concord and 2 others like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The bug report function (/bug, /devbug, etc.) only opens your browser to a web page with a URL, it doesn't log you into an account. So keep your web browser logged into your main account?

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Account Property Theft Through Restrictions~
    (I am in no way angered or upset, I'm not flaming anyone, these are only facts and property line right of way issues that we are dealing with).

Requiring me to have 2 accounts with no other way to have both Avatars on a single account with access to play them, I can only offer my finger in salute to such arrogance on the part of the company. I have been so offended by such a suggestion that theft of what I would consider as my property, that I have yet to move my second account from my first account's e-mail in order to access it. In Texas, there are "extremely harsh consequences for personal theft of property", that I am very happy to say "I live in Thailand". Yet what I am not understanding, is how any requirement to have a second e-mail address is even now necessary. Yet if I were to move my second account to another e-mail address, I would expect that account's property line to be respected by the company and separate from the other account.

It is the responsibility of the user to report bugs "or not" through that account's proper communication channels and should not impose any restrictions on other accounts due to other's bug reporting negligence.

~To Portalarium's Ransom Demands~
    Portalarium may be holding my other account's access for ransom, but until any second e-mail account that I would open to receive and enable access to that Avatar, has property lines which reflect the same access as my primary account, I will pay no ransom for such access.

Therefore we are at a stalemate until such separate property lines would be respected, or access to my second account is made through my primary account.

So, "how does this work?"
    I understand my own responsibilities when reporting bugs that they should be reported on the proper account's communication lines. Yet I'm not truly fond of the idea that Portalarium would take away a separate account's full privileges if the account was paid for by whatever means, which is the only way other than ip-address to detect if either account is being accessed by the same computer. My computer wouldn't own the other account. If my family member wanted to play using the same computer, why would you wish to restrict them? How can I invite friends over to my home so they could access their accounts using my computer? If I used my own credit card to purchase another person an account, "would they then be restricted from the forums?"

How intrusive are you to my information and for what reason which was not clearly stated other than for billing and account maintenance?
    :cool: Are there now privet detectives searching through my account now for who knows what reasons? :cool:

Please forgive me if I do not understand "your problems", yet as I understand it, this is about "other people's problems" with providing you information through improper channels.
    Please release my account currently held hostage to be accessed by my primary e-mail, or restore full privileges without restriction if I pay the ransom and have my second pledge moved.

Either way, I do promise not to report a bug through the improper channels.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with "helping our Portalarium" :confused:?'
    I think I've made my suggestions quite clear o_O but I'm not angry about them, "I'm just extremely confused as to how this issue with other players has changed our way forward, which includes my account's way forward to myself and Portalarium's hostage predicament" o_O... If I move my second pledge to another e-mail, "I do expect full privileges with that account, which includes a second forums posting name".

The word "Quagmire" comes to mind here...
    I'm not flaming anyone, these are only facts and property line right of way issues.
    ~Time Lord~:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.