How to apply Heraldry blazon to Tabard chest armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I was able to apply my blazon to a heraldry banner and to the heraldry heater shield.

I can't however, figure out how to apply the Founder Heraldry Tabard Cloth Chest Armor pattern to the Founder Heraldry Tabard Cloth Chest Armor. I searched for a recipe, but the closest one I could find was the Tailoring recipe "Reshape Cloth Chest Armor". The Tailoring station recognizes that I have a Cloth Chest Armor pattern, but it doesn't recognize the Heraldry Tabard Cloth Chest Armor in my inventory.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Those recipes only work on Crafted pieces. The provided Heraldry pieces are not.

I ran into the same problem. You can't apply your device to the supplied pieces... You need to salvage the piece to retrieve the Eternal Pattern and apply That to another piece of Crafted Armor. Or, use the non-eternal pattern you were going to use on the supplied Heraldry piece on that piece of Crafted Armor.

Of course, this begs the question... if the supplied pieces do Not display the devices, and cannot be Made to display the devices, but can Only be salvaged to retrieve the Eternal Pattern (or worn and displayed as they come), what was the purpose of supplying the pieces that must be salvaged, and not just the Eternal Patterns they contain?

Net and Sir Frank like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks, Rufus! This is not very intuitive. Especially since I was able to apply the shield blazon pattern to the Founder Heraldry Heater Shield with the Reshape Shield recipe in my recipe book that called for a crafted shield. I didn't have to salvage the Founder Heraldry Heater Shield and apply the acquired shield pattern to a crafted shield first.
    :confused:

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

When you try with the non-shield pieces, do you get the same "Crafted Item" warning I did?

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

No warning - in the recipe for reshaping cloth armor the cloth chest armor is simply greyed out so I can‘t select the recipe.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you try just putting the stuff in the crafting table and see if the Craft button lights up?

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I think that's how I got the warning.

Barugon and Kara Brae like this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, I did, but the craft button didn’t light up.

I mentioned that I was, however, able to use the normal “reshape shield” recipe to apply the blazon to the heraldry shield I found in my bank. Unfortunately, the shield is aqua blue, which looks abominable with the colors in my blazon, and I can’t dye it. :(

Barugon likes this.
  9. Albus

Albus Avatar

You should -strangely - be able to dye your shield, but -strange part coming - when it is equipped. At least when trying to dye mine at first, I was not able to do so in the inventory, but was only while the shield was equipped. The "primary" colour dyes the field of the shield, I *assume* that the secondary may dye the rim - but I've not tested the latter. Sooo in short, try equipping your shield, and dying the primary colour whatever colour you want the field/background of your shield to be. Hope that works for you also ;)

On the chest armour, you probably want to apply the pattern (or better yet, eternal pattern from your founder heraldry armour after you break it down) onto some other armour with stats you want, rather than applying the pattern onto the heraldry armour. That may be different next or some future release, but for now I don't think you apply the patterns to the heraldry armour, but instead break down the heraldry armour for an eternal pattern you apply to other armour... If that makes sense, and if it works in your case? That's what I found to do with mine at least. Strangely, your heraldry armour - before you break it down - does not show your heraldry, but for mine at least once I broke it down into an eternal pattern, it did show my heraldry - and in turn, I used the reshape thing to put that eternal pattern onto the armour I wanted.

If any of that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try again, it's a very fun feature once you get it working, I look forward to seeing more of it become available to all players interested in it :)

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Don't forget the wax or coal!

Albus and Kara Brae like this.
  11. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I figured out that part about clothing/equipment and dyes, but does anyone know how I can dye a banner since you can’t equip it? I tried at a crafting table, inventory or even when it was on a wall, but neither works on the small heraldry banner.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the banners are not currently dyeable.

13. Sid

Sid Avatar

Sorry to re-open this conversation but I ran into the same problem. I have the Heraldry Heater Shield and the Heraldry Armor pieces but they are currently all blank.
    Are we supposed to salvage the item (that is non-lootable) and apply it to a crafted armor (that now becomes lootable)?
    Am I understanding this right? Because if that is the case, it's kind of a scam.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Heraldry can only be applied to crafted items.

15. Lained

Lained Avatar

You may salvage them and lose the loot protection (though you can always pay the price of the oracle should it ever get looted) however with the items also came patterns that will allow you to apply your heraldry to the heraldry items and keep the loot protection though the stats are less desirable than crafted items.

Incorrect. hmm, so only the shield can have the shield pattern applied to it, I think the inability to apply the heraldry to other items may be a bug. I'll bug it and see.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If it can be applied to non-crafted shields then that's new to me. Can it be applied to add-on store/reward shields?

17. Lained

Lained Avatar

It's always been the case as I recall attempting when they first came out but never did, just attempted again and the crafting button still lights up.
    Just added a founder shield and mustache shield and neither lit up.
    Seems like it was previously bugged but didn't get an official response, gonna resubmit.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Sid and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Sid

Sid Avatar

Okay slight other question is for the heater shield, I do have a pattern and the actual non-loo table shield with me though if I reshape with the founder heater shield, does that become lootable?

19. Sid

Sid Avatar

Okay I found out the hard way that re-shaping your founder Heraldry Heater shield with a pattern will make the shield loot able which is so not cool... especially without warning or anything of the sort so if you’re looking to have a blazon on your founder shield, you will lose loot and durability protection on that item.

I have contacted Portalarium about this issue and I’m hoping really hard they consider undoing what I’ve done.

Wish me luck...

Rentier and Lained like this.
  20. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

My blazon was approved 30 Nov 19. Applied it to chest armour and all I had was a big white square in the middle of my chest. The next morning the blazon was on the chest armour. Came back this afternoon and blazon is gone - all I'm seeing is that big white square again. Look like the Duke of Dorkus with that big white square --- but at least it's not a target.
    12/01/2019 15:20
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32647
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 GPU RAM: 8289
    SotA.Win.64.1082.Date.11.28.19
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Dawn's Keep
    Area Display Name: Dawn's Keep
    Loc: (151.9, 36.0, -152.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERhd24ncyBLZWVwfCgxNTEuOTQxLCAzNi4wMDIsIC0xNTIuNjM0KXwoMCwgMC45MTgsIDAsIDAuMzk3KXwxMDUuMzUyN3wxOS40NTE1M3w1LjA0OTE0MQ==

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.